Remember me
Lost Password Register

HWY 36
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM,
Re: HWY 36
I would challenge folks when they start complaining about lobbyists and politicians en masse.  The reality is that both lobbyists and politicians are people, just like anyone else.  Are some of them disreputable?  Absolutely, but most are not.  It is the same with any group.  Are some divers disreputable?  Absolutely, but most are not.  The fact of the matter is you only here about hear the negatives.  I have known many legislators and whether I agree or disagree with their position most of them have very good sound judgement and represent their citizen constituencies well.  I would implore people to actually "get to know" their politicians before drawing any conculsions. 

With regard to lobbyists, I would say the same thing.  Would you call a lobbyists from American Cancer Society, AARP, and Children's Hospitals and Clinics sticky fingered crooks or passionate professionals who care deeply about the people they represent.

Remember it is always easier to tear down ideas or to point fingers than it is to come with up real solutions.
08-15-2007, 04:50 PM,
Re: HWY 36
Most people in prison are guilty. It's about where you look.  I don't think they are all liars but I believe they represent the truth in ways that make them money.

The real punch line is it happened on their watch and that's unacceptable.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.