Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rum River
10-03-2007, 09:01 PM,
Re: Rum River
good evening, shes right its 169.
grumpie
10-05-2007, 06:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2007, 11:42 AM by LKunze.)

I thought the 23 bridge would also be it potential good dive site.  I'm sure we could get both of them in a day since they are so close to each other.

Click on the aerial image and zoom in to look at the potential dive sites.
10-05-2007, 07:05 AM,
its starting to get cold when would you like to try it?
grumpie
10-05-2007, 08:21 AM,
I have some sheetrocking to do this weekend, I might be able to fit it in........... it's supposed to be nice out this weekend ;D.  I will know by the end of the day.  I could fit it in on Saturday or Sunday.  I won't be able to pre-scout it, but I know the bridge on 23 is fairly deep.  As I have fished there several times.
10-05-2007, 12:03 PM,
Sat. afternoon, or any time on Sunday ;D
10-05-2007, 01:11 PM,
If you pick Sunday, I might be able to tag along!  Not sure what the weekend plan includes for Sunday yet, Saturday is busy already.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM,
I'm going on Sunday. I don't have Internet access at home.  So if anybody needs to get ahold of me,  Call me at 612-214-6283. I will probably hit the bridge on 23 first and then head over to the 169 bridge if grumpy is going.  If not I will save it for a different time,  When he is with  I plan on being at the first dive site between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m..
10-06-2007, 11:39 AM,
Good afternoon, The bridge on 169 is at MM190 and the bridge on 23 is just past the high school in milaca. the problem with 169 will be parking.
I checked them out this morning and they looked good. The water was tannic but looked clean.
grumpie.......
10-06-2007, 09:32 PM,
Have fun you guys - I got word late today that a buddy is coming into town tomorrow, so I won't cruise up to dive...  maybe next time - try not to find too much treasure!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
10-08-2007, 07:51 AM,
Did not hit the mother lode.  So I have to work today ;D.

had a nice dive with grumpy, already on scene when I arrived.  On our entry point to the river there are several old rusty tools sitting on the rocks.  Looks like maybe somebody beat us to it.  Max depth was only probably 7 feet.  Had very good visibility, with two to 3 feet.  Learn some new recovery techniques and diving techniques from grumpy.  Overall a good learning experience.  Had certified diver Gabby, and soon to be certified Brody, along with for help in carrying the treasure ;D.  They also tried a little snorkeling.  They are more accustomed to the 20 to 30 foot visibility, we experience at the mine its instead of the two to 3 foot in the river.  Current was probably running two to 3 kn.  No treasure on this dive, saw several smallmouth bass

I checked out another bridge on the way home.  This is the one that I had fished before.  It is a little further downstream.