Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Bowl Web Quiz
04-17-2008, 05:33 PM,
Re: Scuba Bowl Web Quiz
:o
OK.....So maybe I've never turned in my answers....

The answers are not as important as the SEARCH for the answers.... The QUESTIONS...WOW.....THE QIUESTIONS....Now thats important!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Lee,
Thank you [glow=red,2,300]SO MUCH [/glow] for providing all of us divers questions that make us REALLY want to learn more about this incredible concept called SCUBA DIVING Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM,
We have received submissions from 9 teams and/or individuals for the Scuba Bowl.  Our S.B.R.E.T. (Scuba Bowl Response Evaluation Team) is hard at work scoring the entries.  So far none of the entries has answered all of the questions correctly.  All the winners and correct answers will be posted tomarrow at
04-25-2008, 12:42 PM,
The winners and correct answers for the Scuba Bowl have been posted. Congratulations.  MNSCUBA was well represented. 
04-25-2008, 05:27 PM,
Hey Lee-
Is it possible to get some of the locations that you got some of your information from..specifically the first question.  Keep in mind i did not submit my answers to enter the contest, but i did follow along.  So its for my own informaiton.....

Information that i found states that the first hyperbaric chambers( while crude ) were used as far back as the 1660's...yes 1660's and the first chamber in North america was in Ontario in 1860 and then in the US in 1861.  In 1893 i found that of course a chamber was in use for caissons disease, but more importantly, this was the first time that there was actually a model created for its use...thus the beginning of the evolution of  hyperbaric recompression therapy..rather than just the use of a recompression chamber. 

Just curious
Deano

Very fun contest by the way and congratulations to all of the winners...
Oops Did I really say that?????