Remember me
Lost Password Register

best transportation cozumel
04-17-2008, 12:52 PM,
Re: best transportation cozumel
Tener una buena semana. Buceo seguro. Voy a tener un informe para el agua caliente cuando usted regrese. Hasta luego
04-18-2008, 08:14 AM,
Buen viaje!
04-30-2008, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2008, 10:51 AM by Shooter.)
Boy am I glad we rented a car!  Driving with the Mexicans was quite an experience, especially the cab drivers. Definitely driving with intimidation and playing chicken ;D. we only got hit by one scooter.  I must have been diving at the time. ;D put a nice little scuff on the side of our rental car.  I know if I would have turned it in like that it probably would've cost us $1000. I cruised around town and found a local car detail shop. For a total of $15 to get the car detailed inside and out in the scuffed buffed out! :o and that was with a five dollar tip. We were on the north side of the island so was nice to pick up and go whenever, wherever we want.  Ended up putting on three to 500 miles on the car. If anybody's looking for a good price on fuel Mexico's only about three dollars a gallon. I thought it was going to be a lot more than that.

I didn't get quite as much diving as I would've liked to. Unfortunately my wife, got a case of Montezuma's revenge on the first day there Sad. My instinct was to go explore some of the local tastes, kind of off the beaten path :Smile.  While it is okay for me it didn't sit so well with my wife.  Course before she met me, she used to throw things so after the sell by date had been right reached, keep things refrigerated etc. etc. ???

I have never seen so many divers in one general area before.  It was like a parking lot. on one of our dives at Palacar caves, we drifted through three different sets of divers :o. The structure was surreal. We did most of our diving through bottom time divers, (Raul) and liquid blue divers.  If we ever go again, I will definitely schedule more things in advance. I now see purpose in split fins.  One guy in one of our groups was actually complaining to the dive master, that there wasn't enough current, and he had to use his fins! ???

With Raul we were pretty much able to dive our own program.  He had a Panga, and we were the only two divers on the boat.  I still like to take care of my own gear and switch my own tanks over.  They usually do one dive and then take a break and go to shore and get some lunch, before do in the second or third dive.  We talked them out of that and were usually back home before noon.  There are some nice reefs between 15 to 30 feet right out in front of our hotel.  We did a lot of snorkeling and free diving and were even able to spear some fish.  I have never seen water that blue before.  Amazingly beautiful structure, and fish.  There was one about 60 pound black grouper,  I must've stalked and shot about 50 times! Trudy found the biggest lobster, I have ever seen in my life :o.  The thing had to go over 20 pounds!  The width of the tail was eight to 10 inches! I got some real good footage, I will try to post later......

We were going to do the tuluum extreme tour, with . They told us to take the 7 a.m. ferry to Playa Del Carmen, and they would have a representative meet us there.  Nobody showed!  There was another couple there as well waiting to be picked up. We found the bus station and managed to make it there anyway.  We brought our mask ,fins, snorkels and did some good free diving on the reefs out in front. Really would've liked to of done that zip line tour though...... maybe next time.
04-30-2008, 09:06 PM,
Are you sure you paid $3.00 per gallon? I think they price their gas by the litre.
05-01-2008, 06:59 AM,

Yes. It was actually a little less. I did the math conversion several times because I was so surprised. Now if I could only find a good used panga and a air compressor  ;D

05-05-2008, 11:17 AM,
couple of pics from the trip

Attached Files
.jpg   mnscuba1.JPG (Size: 253.71 KB / Downloads: 92)
.jpg   mrsshooter.JPG (Size: 111.46 KB / Downloads: 95)
.jpg   bilobster.JPG (Size: 274.32 KB / Downloads: 130)
.jpg   mayansigns.JPG (Size: 240.64 KB / Downloads: 95)
.jpg_thumb   mrsshooter.JPG_thumb (Size: 24.72 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   bilobster.JPG (Size: 274.32 KB / Downloads: 130)
.jpg   mayansigns.JPG (Size: 240.64 KB / Downloads: 95)
05-05-2008, 11:23 AM,
more pics

Attached Files
.jpg   cozumelsignvehicle.JPG (Size: 183.06 KB / Downloads: 87)
.jpg   IMG_0385.JPG (Size: 1,016.49 KB / Downloads: 129)
.jpg   cozumelsignvehicle.JPG (Size: 183.06 KB / Downloads: 87)
.jpg   IMG_0385.JPG (Size: 1,016.49 KB / Downloads: 129)
.jpg   IMG_0366.JPG (Size: 1.21 MB / Downloads: 132)
05-05-2008, 06:01 PM,
Hey Shooter,
I am so sorry Trudy got sick.
So how was the resort? Did everything go well with that?
Nice pictures and yes the water is the extremely blue.
Hudson Diving Diva
05-06-2008, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 02:29 PM by Shooter.)

The resort was very accommodating.  They actually let us check in on the 18th.  We only had to pay about $20 extra.  However, the rooms on the 5th floor, where we stayed the first night weren't as nice as the main floor.  It only had two elevators, and it seemed like you were always waiting.  We told them a check in at there was only two of us.  So they put us in a smaller room.  It was still very nice with the separate dining room, full kitchen and living area.  We did not opt for the all-inclusive package.  They definitely wanted to sell us, along with every other resort, on staying with them.  We weren't very accommodating ;D, and they gave up after a couple of days. 8).  There is very nice snorkeling right out in front of the resort, strong current though.  Best time to be out there is from about 1130 to 230.  I would usually hike a half a mile down the beach and ride the current back.  Really gotta watch for boats and jet skis, I should've had a dive flag with. Not sure that would of helped a lot, though.

Thanks for the opportunity to experience this wonderful dive site. 
05-06-2008, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 02:27 PM by Shooter.)
Does anybody know if those are lobster hatchlings in the picture?  I know in Florida, I have seen lobsters with all the eggs attached to the underside of their tail.  I've never seen the hatchlings though.  I also don't know if they hatch at the same time every year.  I think the season opens in June in Florida, and that's when I've seen them with eggs. Here's another pic to help with the identification.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0356.JPG (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 169)
.jpg_thumb   IMG_0356.JPG_thumb (Size: 39.76 KB / Downloads: 0)