Remember me
Lost Password Register

Apeks Regulators
01-19-2003, 10:04 PM,
Re:Apeks Regulators
Thanks for the info guys. DS4 with ATX second stages sounds like the ticket.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
01-20-2003, 09:03 AM,
Tom - One thought ... and I only mention this as an after-thought. Some people seem to think the ATX series second stages, as opposed to the TX second stages, give more bubble interference due to their decreased size and smaller exhaust T's (again, when compared to the TX series). However, this opinion seems to vary by diver. If possible you might want to give one a try before going with it for sure. FWIW, I own a number of the TX series second stages and am quite happy with each. Most of the "TX" series second stages were discontinued in favor of their "ATX" series counterparts, however you can still get the "TX50" and "TX40" (the TX40 comes in a yellow/green "nitrox" version). Again, I have never tried an ATX, I'm only passing along second-hand information. Maybe someone online who uses to ATX series can comment.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe
01-20-2003, 09:41 AM,
I have a TX-50 that I use for my primary and an ATX-40 that I use for my backup. I find that the TX-50 does have better bubble dispersion with it's wider exhaust tee than the ATX-40.
01-20-2003, 12:57 PM,
I dive with an ATX 50 & 40. I don't think you would notice the extra bubbles unless you previously used the TX models.
--Jason
01-20-2003, 02:50 PM,
Yep...I wasn't suggesting the bubble interference was bad with the ATX seconds, just that the old TX seconds disperse the bubbles a little better because of the big wide rubber exhaust tee. Smile