Remember me
Lost Password Register

Launching our new BP program
01-14-2003, 12:58 PM,
Re: GLSPS Site Down?
I was just on the site... worked fine for me.
01-15-2003, 01:14 PM,
Re:Launching our new BP program
I went over and picked up my yearly maintenaced reg from SD&T. I talked to Rich and got signed up for the H2 pool gig
on Sun Feb 9th. He said just stop by on Saturday (the 8th) for the unveiling.
Cool Beans!!!!

Thanks...Jean 8)
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-16-2003, 02:56 PM,
Well I'm out of town next week but will be looking to sign up when I get back. I also talked to Richard the other day and I recommend everyone try to make it. Nothing beats a local dive shop that notices a trend and embraces it.

Hope to see you all there.

Rich- Thanks for posting this. I'm sure it will be a great success.
Chris Bloss
02-06-2003, 11:53 AM,
Just a quick reminder to all the members of the MN Scuba Forum that we'll be having the presentation of the new backplate harness program this Saturday, February 8th from 10am till 5pm at the shop.
We would encourage everyone who is interested in integrating some of the gear configuration aspects of the Holistic Hogarthian approach to bring their equipment. Our staff will be there to help you out with suggestions and answers to any questions you might have.
For any additional questions, please call (612)823-7210.
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
02-10-2003, 02:18 PM,
Unfortunately I couldn't attend this event due to business. Does anyone have a review for us?
--Jason
02-10-2003, 02:34 PM,
I stopped by and chated with one of the Sales reps for a bit. I was actually looking at Dry Suits and not a back plate at the time (still want a back plate but one thing at a time). I also discussed a few changes to my gear (long hose etc..). I will be bringing in my reg sometime in the next few weeks to get the hose changed out and also add an Apex second stage I purchased that has the wrong size threads for my first stage.

All in all I would recommend stopping into SD&T if your at all interested in a back plate/H2 setup. They are very knowledgable and have the experiance to back it up. Also one thing that I found very great about them is even if they don't carry a specific item in the brand your looking for they are more then willing to order it for you. For example they prefer to sell the OMS backplate and wing but will order the Dive Rite if it's what you want.

Chris Bloss
02-10-2003, 06:05 PM,
I was there both days. Being so new to diving, I wanted to find out what all the talk of BP, bladder and long-hose meant and why SDT is introducing into their OW certifications. On Sunday, Jean (the hoodless diver) and I tested it out.
Now being so new and using all jacket type BC's, take this for what it's worth.
What I got out of the experience was everything is more stationary on my back. ie. not shifting around. I seemed more horizontal in the water. And I could look down and see my feet! I didn't have a set-up with the long-hose but can see the advantages.
The initial cost is probably less than most BC's. You can add accessories as your diving experience grows with you and make slight modifications for dive types. Very versatile.
I have to keep this on my shopping list.