Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tank refills at Orebegone
06-24-2008, 08:34 PM,
Re: Tank refills at Orebegone
Thanks everyone for your efforts.  We like to stay in the Hoyt Lakes campground and then dive the area over the week on the 4th.  Although we each bring 2 tanks, that doesn't last long.  Maybe next year it will be easier to get fills.  Really appreciate the responses.
06-24-2008, 08:52 PM,
!!  Rent a few more tanks !! ;D 
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-25-2008, 05:55 AM,
Hello all, I too am going to be spending a week doing shore dives (unless I buy a Zodiak by then) along the North shore in the end of July If I could get some input as to where along the North shore there are places to re-fill tanks. I have four 80 CF tanks and I have the ability to "borrow" four more from a friend of mine for the week. I told the wife that I want to stay mobile and do two dives in each area and then move North each day to the Next area, I would guess, with out putting an ittinerary together yet, that I would be around Beaver Bay by the Fourth day and would need re-fills in that area. at that point I would just have about 3 more days of diving North of Beaver Bay and head home when the 8 tanks run out the second time. I plan on not bring the 18' inboard/outboard as it would be too much to expect the wife to sit and worry in the boat on the "big lake" for an hour while Im under. She is a good boat handler but in an hour the weather could change and she is nervous about boating on Superior anyway. I always wanted a Zodiak but I am looking at Mercury RIB's now as they are a bit cheaper.
06-25-2008, 09:23 AM,
Jay has set up his compressor and banks out of his garage on Hwy 61....He has nitrox banked at 40% that he can blend down and air available.  He is located just north of Lakeview Castle on Hwy 61.  This is the only location to get fills up there.  Depending on your exact dates, he may be able to help you out a bit.  He is usually around the house and as long as he knows about your plans, you can drop tanks off to his home and he can fill them....He runs his charter boat" Superior Wreckreation" out of Silver Bay.  Its current schedule has it out on Tues. and Thurs. at 5:30pm and on Sat and Sunday as well.  He runs to the Hesper and Madiera as well as some fantastic "just off shore" wall dives that drop to 100+ feet. 

He usually has a few guys on the boat that know the all of the dives he hits pretty well if you need that..

If you want his contact info....PM me

Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM,
Thanks for the info... I will PM you for that contact info.
06-25-2008, 12:18 PM,
For fills along the North Shore - Chuck Potter will fill tanks at his house in Silver Bay.  Chuck owns North Shore Compressor which sells & services alot of the shop compressors in the midwest.  His place is just a few blocks off 61 in Silver Bay.  We've got a map I can show you at the shop.  Not sure what he charges - probably $6.00 - $8.00
06-25-2008, 01:47 PM,
Thanks Lee. I will stop in and get a copy.