Remember me
Lost Password Register

Help Wanted
08-20-2008, 08:19 PM,
Re: Help Wanted
And I was afraid it would get edited for content or that I was giving away too many trade secrets.... ;D
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
08-27-2008, 09:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM by DiverQueen.)
Dive two in CenterBrook Golf Course.  Slow night...My son was with me and he was pretty scared at first when I was under water :'( .  He did manage to find 11 balls near the weedy edge!

I only got about a hundred balls and not much pond covered yet!  Dan "Castle" met us as I was packing up and returning the cart.  I walked him over to see the pond as it started to drizzle.

We drove over to meet BallFrog at the other course and helped him count his hoard!  Good Job Guys!!!  He and Mike "Segundo3000GT" found about 3000 very weedy balls...And one BIG leech stuck to a ball!  ;D 

Wish I had more time and daylight.  I'm starting to have fun with this!   8)
08-27-2008, 10:28 PM,
She does have issues with leeches.  I finally got my heart back out of my throat.  What a screech.  She don't need no stinkin' dive whistle.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
08-28-2008, 07:32 PM,
What can I say, I prefer my leeches in a little container from the bait shop!  Wink
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM,
May be next time you will listen to me. The top 1/3 is where the  crapo floats, the next 1/3 is where the scuba divers are. the bottom 1/3 is where the balls are, leeches,goose poop,  and other nasty thing live. next remember time think that maybe a full dry suit, dry gloves, and a ffm might be what you should wear.
08-28-2008, 08:44 PM,
Quote:the bottom 1/3 is where the balls are, leeches,goose poop,  and other nasty thing live.

So you know you're in trouble when the leeches are walking across the scum on the surface.  Not kidding, it happens.

And you're really in for it if they are carrying canteens.  Now I'm kidding.  :Smile

Quote:a full dry suit, dry gloves, and a ffm might be what you should wear.

True, except this particular leech was on a ball on my counting rack in the parking lot.  >Big Grin

It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM,
I just reread this site and it reminds me of playing group and feel for bodies in lake minnetonka.
01-19-2009, 09:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2009, 10:35 PM by DiverQueen.)
I did a 3-dive attempt to locate on a wedding ring in Minnetonka....Just an amazing moonscape!  Nearly flat, no weeds, part of a crawfish....Could see about a foot beyond my dive light!
06-01-2009, 11:51 AM,
I would be interested.  Live in Owatonna so mabye Rochester.  E-mail me.
adam6521@yahoo.com
06-05-2009, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2009, 08:32 AM by cap10bob.)
I'd be interested. E-mail me at cap10bob@aol.com

Thanks,
Bob
A bad day diving still beats a great day at the office.