Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby - Gilligan's Plunge
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM,
Re: Crosby - Gilligan's Plunge
It has been all broken up for as long as I have been diving there (which isn't too long; four years or so). I just assumed it was from being dumped into the pit. I know the MSD commercial divers move that truck around from time to time and do commercial "stuff" to it. Maybe they broke it?

Adam<br /><br />www.AdamJohnsonOutdoors.com
11-11-2008, 04:36 PM,
I haven't been to the truck in probably three years but back then I do not recall the windows being broken.  I didn't realize that the truck has been moved, that might be why the last time I dove the site we weren't able to locate the truck.
11-11-2008, 04:44 PM,
It may have been 3 years for me but the truck is straight out (and down) from shore at 115. I don't think it's moved an inch from last time. but if you miss it by 15 or 20 feet it's unlikely you'll see it go by even with an HID.  We were lucky and ran straight into the drivers door.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
11-14-2008, 11:10 AM,
Dived the mines last September and I still have red clay all over my truck(inside and outside), not to mention a nice gash in one of my tires from something hidden in one of those so called puddles(more like a pond).  Nothing like trying to change a tire in the middle of those roads.

Every time I hit the 50' mark at the mines I get brain freeze, wish I could go deeper.  Guess I need to purchase a dry suit!