Twin Cities Scuba Show this weekend!!
02-18-2003, 12:45 PM,
Twin Cities Scuba Show this weekend!!
What: Twin Cities Shipwreck - Scuba Show
When: February 22, 2003, Opens at 11 AM
Where: Roseville Area High School
Admission: $8.00
Info:

Spend a day exploring shipwrecks, maritime history, and scuba diving. Help support the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society (GLSPS) shipwreck preservation projects. This year's program includes both fresh-water and salt-water presentations.

I'll be at the show and I look forward to seeing everyone!!
--Jason
02-18-2003, 01:11 PM,
Re:Twin Cities Scuba Show this weekend!!
I'll be there too. As well as the presentations there will also be a exhibitor area with booths from local dive shops and societies and a raffle with lots of dive toys and other stuff.
This is a also a good opportunity to learn about what GLSPS does and how you can be a part of it. They have many ongoing projects. I look forward to meeting "mnscuba" people.
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
02-18-2003, 02:12 PM,
Same here - you'll be able to find me by the H2 stuff. Hey Todd, get me some of the winning numbers for the raffle will ya...
02-18-2003, 02:22 PM,
Man I'm bummed...I really want to go to this but I have to work Saturday. >Sad
02-18-2003, 03:33 PM,
Darn...I got Ice Diving Certification this weekend
UNLESS ITS TOO COLD TO STAND OUT IN THE WIND!!!
Oh well , at least I know how to manipulate a dry suit now...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR....Jean :-\
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
02-19-2003, 05:52 AM,
I wanted to go to this real bad. It's only a couple miles from my house. But I have other obligations this weekend :'(
Leon
02-21-2003, 11:01 AM,
Last reminder for the show tomorrow!
--Jason
02-21-2003, 11:33 AM,
finaly a scuba show in town and I'm going out of town for the weekend :'(
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
02-23-2003, 12:27 AM,
I had a nice time at the shipwreck and scuba show this Saturday. I would like to thank GPSPS for sponsoring the show and giving mnscuba.com recognition.

I hung out with DanL and Larry during the show. I received great advice from DRE -- good to meet you in person. I also got to meet a couple other people who are on the forum. Here are my short notes from the show:

-- GLSPS seems like a worthy organization to support. Even if you are not an active member, your contributions have a real impact on diving in MN.

-- Got to meet Scott Wemyss and his wife, the new owners of Air Down There Scuba. Real friendly people. I was impressed by the Diving Concepts dry suits they are carrying. Those are well made suits.

-- I talked with Richard from SD&T for a while. They are going to be manufacturing their own aluminum and steel backplates and selling them at a very reasonable price. They will also work with their customers to rig the harness. Richard's cave diving video was definitely one of the highlights of the show.

-- I really really need to get up to Isle Royale.

--Jason
02-25-2003, 10:52 PM,
I have to concur with Jason that Richard from SD&T put on a very nice presentation on cave diving.