Remember me
Lost Password Register

Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour II
03-11-2010, 04:53 PM,
Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour II
I might have a buyer for your gloves....Scott....Oh Scott...are you listening....YOU WILL NEED this type of gloves!!!!
03-15-2010, 12:53 PM,
First trip full, Dates as follows

be at location in Florida on May 31

Dive June 1, 2nd, and 3rd with hook and line fishing at night. up to six drops per day. Fillet and bag fish on Friday. Return on the fifth or six depending on airfare with between 50 to 100 pounds of fillets. Art decided to drive as not to be limited by airfare baggage restrictions. We will need bigger coolers. ;D  total price of trip $550 per diver. Includes everything except airfare.

Anyone else wanting to book, send me a PM and I will give you the details. Dates will be filling up fast. Pricing based on five divers.
03-24-2010, 12:49 PM,
Round-trip air to Jacksonville right now is at $250 rt, leaving on the Saturday before our trip and returning on the Saturday after our trip. Might be able to squeeze in a couple of dives on the USS Oriskany  ;D
03-27-2010, 09:49 AM,

I'm making the drive with Art, if at all possible I'd love to make a dive on the "O" boat.  Interestingly the last time I saw her was when I was a young Marine stationed on the USS Ranger and our carrier task force relieved her as we began our 1976 west-pac outside of Subic.
03-30-2010, 06:52 AM,

I'm making the drive with Art, if at all possible I'd love to make a dive on the "O" boat.  Interestingly the last time I saw her was when I was a young Marine stationed on the USS Ranger and our carrier task force relieved her as we began our 1976 west-pac outside of Subic.
[/quote]

if you are driving with Art then the mighty "O" will be considerably out of your way. The only reason I am considering it is that I will be flying down, and will be fairly close. The only down side is I will have a newly certified diver with me. The last time I dove it was in the winter and it was definitely an advanced dive with a ripping current. I have heard the current isn't as bad this time of year. I think Scott may be considering flying as well. I have some video of it somewhere I will try to post it later this week.
04-05-2010, 06:47 AM,
We are driving as well. Air fare jumped to about $400. Looks like lots of filets will be making the trip home with us. Here is a link to where we will be gettin the groceries! This was on one drop! Imagine 6 in one day  ;D

05-04-2010, 12:03 PM,
23 days & a wake up!!!!

We need a tank count.

Make sure they are filled with 34 to 36 mix

I have 4 steel lp 120,s 4 hp 120's, 2 alum 80's
05-04-2010, 12:11 PM,
You might need a LARGE vise grip and put it on that oil pipe while you are down there. Smile
05-08-2010, 03:40 PM,
I REALLY hope we won't need the visegrips...my understanding is it's kinda deep where the leak is ...(5000' or as we think it 153 ATA :o ). 

Here is the tank count as near as I can make it.

Scott has two alum 80s
Brian has three alum 80s
Brad has two alum 80s
I have fourteen alum 80s, 2 steel HP 100, 2 steel LP 112which I'll need to take down from doubles and drop different valves on to use as singles.

Getting "preblended" nitrox pumped should not be an issue for either 32 or 36.  EAN36 would give us a working MOD of 95',  the EAN32 would drop us down to 110. How many should we bring and how many to get the different blends??
05-08-2010, 05:51 PM,
just thinking as I'm reading all this... what a pleasure to just freedive to go spearfishing.  I'm not saying that using scuba to spearfish is a bad thing, just seems like a pain.  But, either way, the fish will taste the same from the fryer.. yum, yum.  Good luck and have a good hunt!  Cheers.
Cold and dark down there huh?