Remember me
Lost Password Register

psd rope signals
01-22-2009, 06:13 PM,
Re: psd rope signals
[quote='arcFlash link' pid='4919' dateline='1232655163']
Let's remember this thread is for PSD signals not us recreational kiddies.

Grumpie, Is there and accident report on the ice divers? I'd be interested in reading it.

Try mich. sea grant.com, if you goole ( ice diving accidents)  you can read about the GC diving accident in the artic a couple of years ago, that one was a real shame.

[/quote]
01-23-2009, 10:48 AM,
Grumpie, If you were posting on mine... Sure they would work but I don't think I want or need more than 2 signals on my ice dives. I try and pick safe sites with little hazards and good vis. Unlike your work, I don't need to dig in the mud while inside of some hideous birdcage of rebar. To put rec and pro divers on one systems would be like requiring all drivers to have a Class A (CDL) to haul petro chemical and explosives.

I'm ether OK or want OUT. When I want out, it's obvious. I would like to see more skill in the tending. I've had many of signals fail because tenders allowed too much slack or didn't believe they felt 4.

PADI system of 3 to take up slack. really? Why do you have slack? Go back to the hole and help your tender understand what the job entails. I've never had slack after that. Smile Don't need a 3 anymore. For as 2, you get the line available and that's it. So asking for more will not help.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
01-23-2009, 04:40 PM,
lrts have coffee and talk
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM,

The discussion has been geared towards all divers, hence the term universal rope signals. We have been doing alot of training and our team has been trying to standardize our signals. We have divers from several different training agencies who had been trained differently.