Remember me
Lost Password Register

Any Divers in Saint Paul?
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM,
Re: Any Divers in Saint Paul?
With the current economy, we divers will have to do our subsistence fishing and enjoy a dive at the same time!  I still plan to do some diving!  Maybe even a few more golf water hazards $$$ 

Now the question is:  Can someone give Lunatim a ride to GLSPS show on Saturday!?!?!?  He doesn't have a car right now!  Then he can see how we Minnesotan's dive!  ;D  :o
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
02-24-2009, 01:07 AM,
The GLSPS show sounds like it'd be fun.  I didn't mean to disparage all diving in Minnesota.  I went snorkeling in Square Lake many times as a kid and took my open-water dives there.  It's not a bad lake, but swimming in 80 degree water with 200 foot visibility in the Caymans really spoiled me.  Right now, the only serious water time I have is with the local underwater hockey team ( ).  U/W hockey is fun, but doesn't fully satisfy my underwater jones...
02-24-2009, 09:31 AM,

U/W Hockey is a great time.....and a great workout. I used to play 3 nights a week when I was in college. I always liked when you told people that you played U/W Hockey. They would get a really puzzled look on their face and ask "Underwater Hockey????" ???
02-24-2009, 10:11 AM,
Another u/w puck meister, cool!  When people give me the astonished look, I just tell them we tried underwater polo, but the horses kept drowning Wink

I have a proposal for another sport:  pool pool (submarine billiards in the UK).  A flat-bottomed pool is needed, along with negatively buoyant balls and some sort of pockets.  Breath-holding and buoyancy skills play a factor in the accuracy of the shots.  The name for the first pool pool team?  Pool Sharks, of course... Wink
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM,
I don't know about puck meister, but I had a good time. I have heard that a few of the same guys that were playing back then are still playing. I would have liked to have kept with it as well.
02-24-2009, 12:25 PM,
Too bad you stopped playing as it's kinda an all-age activity.  Many of the players are in their 50s and I think even one or two who are over 60.  There's plenty of younger players as well...