Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving MN over the 4th,,,,,,,,,,,,
07-01-2009, 12:51 PM,
Re: Diving MN over the 4th,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thanks for the offer, after Ballfrogs description it sounds to intriguing not to hit, although bikinis are always intriguing.  ;D
07-01-2009, 01:10 PM,

Gosh, as intriguing as bikinis are (or maybe not  Big Grin ) - and if I'm the Lynn you're referring to - I have to pass this weekend. But let us know what you see (under water please).  Tongue

I hear Bad Medicine is a nice clean lake - wouldn't mind checking it out.
07-02-2009, 06:22 AM,
Hey All - Lynn turned me on to this discussion.  As a kid I is spent lots of time on Bad Medicine Lake and remember the divers taking off from Veronen's Resort.  The resort is still there and is run by Mark Veronen, a classmate of mine.  Anyway, the lake is beautiful with clear blue water and a sand bottom.  Mark says the diving is still great.  If anyone makes a plan to go up there please let me know.  Thanks! 
07-02-2009, 06:33 AM,

Will do Lynn! Planning on the wrecks in Minnetonka on Fri. and the dive plan is still open for Sun, so if anyone has an spot they'd like to go dive, hit me up.    THANKS!    Terry

While I was posting,,,,,,,(maybe, there IS an advantage to typing with one finger), tbellefeuilles description of Bad Medicine came up, lets do that Sun! I'll bring my boat, let me know if you'd like to come with!    Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-02-2009, 01:21 PM,
Bad Medicine Lake is about a 4.5 hours drive from Mpls.  Are you doing an overnight?
07-05-2009, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM by Terry.)
                     Well, T-bell, I actually wasn't, I need to look at a map more often,??? we were out diving 3 new wrecks on Tonka on Fri, that was a good time. One still with its trailer attached, (as a cabin Cruiser). (made us wonder,,,, did he haul it out on the ice and leave it or did he lauch with  trailer still attached and drive it over into the middle of Wayzata Bay, gotta think that would of required the TWIN engines he had? Used Roberts boat and mine, with couple of divers on both, and communicated useing the marine radios, worked good. Using two boats both with flags anchored over the wrecks sure seemed to help keep boat traffic little more at bay especially on the 4th weekend. But on the drive home I had a back wheel bearing on the trailer check out, fried it bad enough I needed to have a new spindle welded on. I had the parts but trying to find a welder on the 4th, was worse then finding an electician! So had to cancel taking the boat anywhere today, except down to Ames to have it welded up tomorrow. The thing I didn't realize is that its was quite so far, ya, at 4.5 hrs pretty much have to do it up overnight. Probably plan on hitting a couple different lakes if towing that far, the majority of the clearest lakes in MN all all up there. Will have to set up another run. I will let you know when, THANKS     

Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
07-05-2009, 09:55 AM,
If your boat is out of comission, we can take my boat today.  The wife was nice enough to let me out of the house. ;D
07-05-2009, 09:59 AM,

Your on Robert! What time?
07-05-2009, 10:00 AM,
Right now!! ;D

How many tanks do you want to bring?
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2009, 09:40 PM by Terry.)

Well, that winds up another 4th weekend! Just happened we got in another 4 new wrecks ( Westley, Doug, Robert and me, well, and Lisa by proxy) on Minnetonka, the barge, the Como, (Steve, the coordinates I sent you on it were correct, not perfect, but close enough to find it twenty feet off our marker bouy) the twin engine cabin cruiser, and the tug, Hercules. The barge, is what it sounds like, but cool to see the large "wooden" cleats on its deck, the Como, ok but other then its unusual bow (the end with the dorade vent) nothing to dive home about, the twin engine cabin cruiser, interesting wreck in that the tandem axle trailer and all 4 tires are still intact and the wreck is still tied to the trailer. Makes you wonder,,, with all the interesting stuff to see at a boat launch, (besides bikinis, Lynn  Wink), did this guy decide to disconnect his trailer, AND boat, rather then just his boat, did he ever wonder why his boat would'nt plane, get sick of it and pull the pin. OR did he haul it out on the ice and wait for a warm day, cant imagine the nice shack 400 yards in back off his boat thought that was going to be ok. Especially with both "white" Mercury outboards attached, both batteries still attached, still full of acid, and at least one fuel tank still on board. Then the Hercules, dandy nice tug with just FINE looking woodwork making up its hull, looked like fine stained mahagony, with a delightfully nice rosseta tucked up inside the opening in the middle of the hull need to have another look at that. That leaves me at dive # 917, so 83 dives to do in the next year to hit 1000 in 30 years, does seem like it has gone by WAY too quick!     Terry