Remember me
Lost Password Register

First cold dive....supplies advice.
07-10-2009, 07:26 PM,
Re: First cold dive....supplies advice.

Ditto.  Don't make your first cold water dive solo.  Preferably find a buddy that has some cold water diving experience. 
--Jason
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM,
On Saturday MSD (Minnesota School of Diving) from Brainerd is having a fun dive out in the pits. $15 gets you a very well run dive with a buddy; a pre-dive briefing by a divemaster; and burgers and brats with all of the sides for when you get out of the water. Since you will already be in the area you can call ahead or stop by early and get signed up.

I, too, will be out there. Hopefully it will be a good day for diving.

Vis was pretty poor on the south side of Alstead on Wednesday. Looked to be a pretty good algae bloom. We also had a lot of divers at the fun dive and I was late to get in so things were stirred up a bit as well.
Adam<br /><br />www.AdamJohnsonOutdoors.com
07-10-2009, 07:53 PM,
Quote:My wife would suggest the number to a good psychiatrist!!
;D ;D

I've been through a few, psychiatrists that is......I keep getting 'let go' for some strange reason Big Grin

During the summer I race motorcycles at BIR/MidAmerica/BHF. I'm sure my wife worries significantly less when I'm under water v.s. tossing myself around the track at 180mph.

Quote:Do you have a buddy to go with your hooded vest
Hooded vest....Check. Buddy......no check.  :'(

Tonight I went to pick up my tanks and whatnot at Smith Diving. The owner will be up there and has a buddy for me. Thus far, during my warm water diving, I've never had a problem finding a partner.

Thanks for the heads-up BioDiver! I'll watch for the group. Any plans for a Sunday dip?

07-10-2009, 08:09 PM,
I'm busy on Sunday, so Saturday fun dive is my chance to dive this weekend.

Have a good trip and have a fun, safe dive.
Adam<br /><br />www.AdamJohnsonOutdoors.com