Remember me
Lost Password Register

DAN Members
03-14-2003, 07:19 PM,
Re:DAN Members
Anybody that wants more information can shoot me a message and I have DAN brochures or make a stop at your preferred dive store and most likely they will have one too.
I currently have the following DAN brochures:
"Join DAN Today" (Application and description of benefits)
"Guide to Health & Fitness in SCUBA" (Some basic info)
"Avoiding Ear & Sinus Injuries" (Some basic tips)
"Missing Something?" (Equipment & Camera insurance plans)
"Term Life Insurance Plan for Dan members"
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
03-14-2003, 10:38 PM,
Absolute must if you plan to take up technical diving. Strongly recommended if you dive period. Jeeze, I wouldn't want to think of directly absorbing the costs of air lift and chamber rides in the event of an accident. And my wife thinks the sport is expensive now?! Of course you do your due diligence to avoid such situations such as keep yourself well hydrated, plan your dive and dive your plan, dive within your educated/trained limits, etc. But in the event you do get bent best to call in the pros...from tales I've heard dive physiology can still be fairly voodoo to the average EMT. These are the folks who are typically first on site. While it is great they are there (man, ya gotta respect those people for what they do!) it cannot be assumed they are going to have the same level of dive accident knowlege as DAN. DAN is going to assist them in making sure you get the proper care, quickly and probably most important manage the collection of all vital dive related information needed to pass along to the recompression chamber. Combined this stuff is potentially going to save your butt. And once you've done your rides and cleared, DAN should be a resource to advise you on how to proceed forward so you can hopefully return to the sport...a little singed maybe but not burned.
03-16-2003, 04:13 PM,
I joined. Am very new to sport, inexperienced, figured if anything ever did go wrong I needed all the expert help I could get. Mt health insurance was real vague and unclear about what, if anything they might cover. As I dive very little I thought it might contribute to the potential for accident due to inexperience. I also wanted the literature rtc and safety tips they offer, so I can learn.
03-16-2003, 07:23 PM,
I joined before I went on a Florida trip last year. Since I was doing a lot of diving over a short period I though it was best. I also like reading the reports about accidents that have occurred in the DAN literature. This seems like one of the best ways to avoid them in my own diving.
Leon
04-05-2003, 08:37 PM,
I am a DAN Member, wouldn't go without it. Why? Can you imagine what the bill would be on one visit to the Chamber?? Most insurance companies from what I've heard do not cover that type of cost. I've learned alot from the information on the DAN website.
Single or need a buddy? Come join us at !
05-02-2003, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2003, 12:29 PM by javelindan.)
I'm a DAN member also - on the Preferred Plan (most insurance offered) for approximately $95/yr. Makes a ton of sense if you dive with any frequency for both 1) rescue services and 2) insurance $ esp. if you have family dependent on you. SCUBA accidents aren't covered under most insurance policies.
- Dan