Remember me
Lost Password Register

Green lake dive
08-23-2009, 06:52 PM,
Green lake dive
Dove Green lake today, little windy for a dive on the north end but all went well. Was looking for 2 anchors I had to leave there last year but found 2 differnt ones. I'l have to go back for the other two some day. Vis was 10-12ft with some real bad spots 1-3ft . The carp had it stired up, saw lots of them. I need a speargun. 8)
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
08-24-2009, 08:01 AM,
Re: Green lake dive

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Caution, once you go down that road it can be a life changing experience!  ;D ;D ;D  I have one you can try out if you are interested. It is a JBL sawed off magnum. It probably needs new bands. The first fish I shot with it was a carp as well.
08-24-2009, 06:54 PM,
I may take you up on that but not till next year, its almost time to start throwing sharp sticks at bears and deer. I live in Princeton and I think your not to far away. If you ever need another diver for an ice dive I would be in. Smile
08-24-2009, 06:55 PM,
I was on Green by Spicer. I bet you were thinking of the other.
08-30-2009, 08:40 PM,
If I was not leaving for the Carolina's later this week, I would be diving Green Lake (Spicer) around the end of September. I like to spend a little bottom time in front of Little Melvins, you would be surprised what you find. I have found dollar bills hanging in the weeds. I still have a nice digger-anchor from 05'.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM,
Dave I dont think your going to be missing Green when you on a nice wreck looking at the snaggletooth smile of the sandtigers. Hope you get pics. Big Grin
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM,
This lake is still on my list to try.  Haven't been there yet.  Sounds like a good fall dive.
08-31-2009, 07:11 PM,
Lots of structure, cool lake, just wish they would have left the plane. ???