Remember me
Lost Password Register

Local dive Sunday afternoon October 11th?
10-10-2009, 05:34 PM,
Re: Local dive Sunday afternoon October 11th?
I am very disappointed in saying this, but I will not be able to make it to the outing.  I was so looking forward to it.  I have too much stuff I have to get done before I go to Camp Ripley bow hunting on Weds. morning.  Too much stuff, not enough time to do both.  SORRY!

If anyone would like to do this same thing on another date, I will not miss that one. 

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WEATHER EITHER!!!  I AM NOT BEING A SISSY!
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM,
I was REALLY looking forward to this, but I'm not going to be able to make it either.  School is winding down in a few weeks and
I have a lot of work left to do. 

I hope everyone that does make it to Calhoun tomorrow has a GREAT time! 
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM,
I gotta bow out also. :'( Not because of the temp. #1 son comes home on leave from the Desert sometime this weekend. Pretty much at his beckon call. Hope everyone has fun though.
The Gales event sounds pretty interesting. What 's that one about?
Anyone interested in shooting for something towards the end of the month?
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
10-10-2009, 07:59 PM,
Well unlike everyone else I DO plan on going diving on Sunday. I do not own a drysuit, just a used wetsuit, so I hope that the sun is shining bright to warm up the water a little bit. It still sounds like a good number of people will turn out.                     
10-10-2009, 08:04 PM,
My drysuit is out for alterations, so I'll be diving wet as well!  Burrrrr
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
10-10-2009, 08:12 PM,
My drysuit is still at the factory so I have to do wetsuit too.

I'm starting to feel better so I may jump in after all.
10-11-2009, 08:35 AM,
I'm still coming, but probably just a as spectator.  Too cold for me.. I dont' think there is any changing facilities.. I may take the gear for a ride to taunt it a bit, but I don't think I'll be jumping in..
Anyone know what the water temp is?
10-11-2009, 09:06 AM,
The temp at Spectacle lake near Cambridge was 53 degrees yesterday above the thermocline.
10-11-2009, 10:37 AM,
Yesterday's weather must have confused the moderator's calendar.  Today is the 11th, but this posting is in the ARCHIVE???

It only looked like November when my son and I drove off to a Scouting event up in St. Cloud yesterday.  I thought I was dressed for the weather, but I still got chilled.  I should have put on my Camo Overalls to stay warm!

I may stop by to see who's there, but I won't be getting wet!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
10-11-2009, 10:45 AM,
I got all of my winterizing activities done earlier this week, so I will be at Calhoun today diving. I did a training dive yesterday with the Isanti Co Dive Team so my gear is still wet anyway. I will probably get there early for a muck dive under the fishing pier and then at 2:00 I will be on the surface to meet some of you. If any of you want to try out a metal detector, I will bring 2 with. Bring a lobster bag for all the loot! I will be driving the green Jeep with a tan top.