Remember me
Lost Password Register

Local dive Sunday afternoon October 11th?
10-11-2009, 10:52 AM,
Re: Local dive Sunday afternoon October 11th?
I think we are coming for the bbq but not the pneumonia.  We'll be back in the water after the drysuits come Smile
10-11-2009, 11:10 AM,
Kev and I will be there!!!!
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM,
Sorry all,

Got sidelined with work and could not make it. Hope everyone had fun.
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM,
Jason and myself made it to the dive.  hung out for awhile, but started freezing, so we headed out.  Nice sized group.  Nice to have more faces to names Smile
10-11-2009, 06:58 PM,
It was nice meeting you!  I'll get some photos up tomorrow-- there's a whole series that I just love!
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
10-11-2009, 07:31 PM,
It was good to see you all there. I knew some of you from previous dive events, and It was nice to meet the rest of you. This MN scuba is an incredible communication tool to bring divers together and to promote this awesome sport/hobby. I don't know who coined the phrase "dive safe, dive often" but I like that one. We should all dive more often than we do to keep us all young. Todays dive was fun! Hydro, Ben and myself linked up and toured toward the south. We found a ball and a ring deally (I hope it wasn't a wax ring from a toilet). One of the other two divers put the ball inside the ring and we played catch underwater with this saturn like thing for a bit. We found a metal target thing for pellet guns. We found a Spider Man fishing pole (my daughter has been casting cat toys across the house since I got home with it). We found a black sweat sock and Ben filled it with air and launched it like a mini lift bag. Nothing earth shattering but a lot of fun! To those who put this dive together, thank you.
10-11-2009, 07:38 PM,
             Hey Everyone!
                   I just got back from a week of diving Isle Royale, where the moisture froze at night on the docks, (moisture I poured on the docks to keep from setting them ablase with my charcoal grill) :-\, It was a bitchen good adventure,,,,, well except for (courtesy of the NPS),,,,,,no concessions, no johns, no (even cold) showers, no laundramats, but hey the National Park  Service "says" the park is open for, yet another 3 weeks, while they contimue to suck up a federal paycheck, WTF! can I get an application!,,,,,and gas is only 5.38/gal  :-[  the NPS it seems is really is only another form of welfare for those unemployable in the private sector,,,,, but hey, I would like to get out again this season for some local diving, if anyone is interested in joinining me. I'm thinking Minnetonka on my boat the Impulse or a shore dive on local lakes, depending upon the group, let me know if your interested,,,,,,,T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM,
After today I think that we should change the girls names to Brrrr Bunnies. Thank you for all coming out on a cold day and windy day. The food was great and the people were also.
grumpie.............. Has anyone had a tour of the Irvin the ore carrier in Duluth?
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM,

Yes Grumpie I've toured it, a fascinating adventure, (they do plays in the open hull, during the year and haunted "tours" at halloween) especially for those who have done a fair amount of penetration diving on recent wrecks, like the Mesquite, I'd be happy to see it again,,,,,,,T
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM,
I made it out there too (as promised).Wetsuit kept me plenty warm under water, however it was once I got out and needed to take it off that I got a little chilly. I would like to thank everyone that was there. It was a very  inviting group, and I hope to see everyone again for coffee soonWink There was food to be eaten, and extra weight to be handed out(third times a charm;D), even spare flashlights to be barrowed. It was a good day!