Remember me
Lost Password Register

Terry's 1st Annual Halloween Carving Dive, 10-31-09
10-30-2009, 09:21 AM,
Re: Terry's 1st Annual Halloween Carving Dive, 10-31-09

Check with Hydro and Terry on an alternate site. I PM'ed them a good alternate site but that site is probably for another day (maybe not tomorrows dive...) One good alternate would be the Narrows bridge. We looked right under the bridge last November but there may be some new stuff... The channel there is about 500' long where we have not looked yet so that could still hold some mystery loot. I am all for looking under docks at marinas too. maybe a marina in the ST Croix river (low current but maybe a slight conflict of interest with the "Marina Managers". I can bring a couple metal detectors and some lift bags if we really want to dig (as long as we are carving up the bottom and messing up the viz we may as well find some stuff.

I was just thinking last night (as I was working out how I was going to get permission to dive from the wife) that it would be nice to finally meet the legendary Arcflash.  Smile land of 10,000 lakes and we are finally going to be swimming in the same one.
10-30-2009, 09:26 AM,
I think they were there last weekend.. or is this another narrows?
10-30-2009, 09:28 AM,
Jeeps suck for carrying gear.. keep that in mind..
[/quote]

I have a wrangler that its sole purpose is to cart my dive gear to and from the lake. RADVe = Remote Access Dive Vehicle. It is way too small for two divers worth of gear... but when solo diving or meeting someone to dive with at the lake its perfect. The sucky thing is that when you find something good (and big) on the bottom you might not have room for that.
10-30-2009, 09:31 AM,
[/quote]

That is the one that I was thinking of. Looking at the photos they posted, it looked like they did not go there last weekend, but that was neither confirmed nor denied.
10-30-2009, 11:29 AM,
[/quote]

That is the one that I was thinking of. Looking at the photos they posted, it looked like they did not go there last weekend, but that was neither confirmed nor denied.

[/quote]

We went to both the Narrows and the docks at Gray's Bay on the same day.  First we did the Narrows, then did Gray's Bay.  Hydro and I did a second dive together.  That is when a majority of the stuff in the photo where found.
11-01-2009, 11:26 AM,
am I safe at assuming this didn't happen on the 31st?  Anything planned for next weekend?
11-02-2009, 03:00 PM,

I'm afraid the goblins got to this one :'( Course what did I expect on Halloween! We'll try to set up something for this coming weekend
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)