Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
12-12-2009, 12:26 PM,
Re: Ice diving

Hey Terry watchit, or another weightbelt might "accidently" get lost  >Big Grin.
[/quote]

You are unbelievable.  You wrecked the guys seals on his drysuit, lost his weight belt, and post a bunch of stuff like that that really isn't on topic for the thread.

Friendly jabs are one thing, but sometimes, you need to just bite your tongue.  It appears that Terry has been far more understanding than I would have been in a similar situation.  And if I had wrecked his suit and lost his weight belt, I certainly don't think I would be giving him shit about it.

IMHO, that's over the line - not cool.
12-12-2009, 12:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 01:05 PM by mermaid.)
Hey Terry watchit, or another weightbelt might "accidently" get lost  >Big Grin.
[/quote] You are unbelievable.  You wrecked the guys seals on his drysuit, lost his weight belt, and post a bunch of stuff like that that really isn't on topic for the thread.
Friendly jabs are one thing, but sometimes, you need to just bite your tongue.  It appears that Terry has been far more understanding than I would have been in a similar situation.  And if I had wrecked his suit and lost his weight belt, I certainly don't think I would be giving him crap about it.
[/quote]

You're right...Terry has been very understanding...in fact, he's been a saint.   :-\ 
12-12-2009, 02:13 PM,

[/quote]

You are unbelievable.  You wrecked the guys seals on his drysuit, lost his weight belt, and post a bunch of stuff like that that really isn't on topic for the thread.

Friendly jabs are one thing, but sometimes, you need to just bite your tongue.  It appears that Terry has been far more understanding than I would have been in a similar situation.  And if I had wrecked his suit and lost his weight belt, I certainly don't think I would be giving him crap about it.

[/quote]

+1 - right on dude!
12-12-2009, 02:47 PM,
Terrys a saint , but than all sparkies are.
12-12-2009, 03:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 04:12 PM by mermaid.)
error in posting
12-12-2009, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 05:47 PM by mermaid.)

Good.  I'm glad everyone knows now...afterall, everyone makes mistakes and accidents happen, this one just happened to occur in a goose chit filled swamp  :Smile
12-12-2009, 03:56 PM,
I got my ice card on January 23rd 2009 and I have 10 logged ice dives in what was left of that season. Ice diving is so logistics intensive that I can only hope to get in 20 ice dives this year. The neat trick with ice diving is the improved viz. To go to a lake with poor summer viz and cover the heavily fished spots in the winter makes a whole day of set-up and take-down worth it. Have screws/will travel.
12-12-2009, 05:00 PM,

Hey Everyone!
                          My friend Steve suggested a date to ice dive,,,,, what might you all, think, of the Christmas weekend, either the 26 or the 27th of Dec.? Contingent upon temp and therefore ice thickness, I think we'll be pushing it, much sooner then that, without a bunch of 15 below nights. I'll be happy to provide the propane, and beers for either Steves or Arts house. I might have (available to me) a couple :-\ a 600'- 1/2" poly line (brand new) for extended ice runs curious (before I show up with them), as to everyones take on running a line that long. Personally, I'm use to running long, but I was thinking both divers (with doubles or a 30 ft min backup cylinder) as it would allow us to get clear of the muck near the hole. May need the second 600' for the saftey diver, is that too far? Am I pushing the envelope at two football fields out, immediately under the ice?
                            Couple other things,,,,,,,,,,Grumpie my friend, you do make me smile, I'm no Saint, but thank you, I look forward to you joining us on my boat the "Impulse" this summer.
                                                                Robert I've not heard from you, these ice dives are doable in a wetsuit, especially inside a house, if your tough enough :-\,  I'll bring the camera to prove to everyone you were tough enough, you too make me smile.
                                                                I think Steves idea of an "Ice-a-paloose-a" with a couple houses and a bunch of divers this winter could be a dandy good adventure. Classes in one hole, good times (no offense Art :-\) in the other hole,,,,,THANKS EVERYONE!      TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-12-2009, 05:05 PM,
Most of tonka is froze now. I drove around it last night. one open spot near big island. people are walking out with pop ups in a few of the back bays, greys had foot prints on friday. i was rushing to get new hardware for my boat as i smashed both trailer lights, my transducer and my live well screen launching into 1inch thick ice last sunday(I typical late fall fishing trip, which i have done a hundred times), just i didnt break up the launch far enough from the ground to clear the trailer this time. $250 in electronics smashed for a quick 45min fishing before sundown... almost worth it....parts of tonka are crystal clear this year.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
12-12-2009, 05:09 PM,
ohhh and ist warm. no wind at freezeup my aquaview was measuring about 39 deg much warmer than last year this time with the wind it was closser to 35 in alot of spots.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;