Remember me
Lost Password Register

Drysuit Rings - is this right?
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM,
Re: Drysuit Rings - is this right?
His voice mail said that he thinks they were last of an old batch that was sitting on the shelf and deteriorated.  He has new ones coming in the next few days and will put them on.

While I can't say whether that is true or not - it looks to me like they came off an old suit.  While they may be functional and worth keeping around a shop for a quick repair - I paid for new ones and that's what I want.
12-15-2009, 06:46 PM,
Mark has done well for me too.  Let us know how it works out.
Jeff
TDI Advance Nitrox an Deco Trimix an Cave
12-15-2009, 08:07 PM,

I too have had my drysuit resealed twice and rezippered once and a dozen holes patched, all at Superior Diving Repair, and was pleased as could be. Although the rings look like their in rough shape, I would'nt write off SDR. I have been happy with their work.      Terry
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
02-14-2010, 09:12 PM,
Either the plastic has been attacked by solvents/ozone or it was a very poor grade of materials. I would ask for a replacement from the manufacturer. How old are they?
Divin' since 1967
02-14-2010, 10:35 PM,
They were supposed to be brand new.  The suit ended up going back and the rings were replaced.  The new ones look much better.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.