Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Years Day/Weekend Ice Dive
12-29-2009, 08:25 PM,
Re: New Years Day/Weekend Ice Dive
ARE ANY OF THE DULUTH GUYS GOING TO DIVE SUPERIOR ON NEW YEARS DAY, AS WE HAVE IN THE PAST.  PLEASE ADVISE.  I WOULD BE UP FOR IT

JOE
12-29-2009, 08:39 PM,

Hey Dave,
                        I have the proper ropes and biners, but lets do Sat the second you pick the spot I can travel north towards St. Cloud    TRINTY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
12-29-2009, 08:49 PM,
  Innerspace Scuba in Duluth usually does a New Year's Day dive.  I see it's listed on their website calender.  Usually Brighton Beach or the breakwall in Two Harbors.  I haven't talked to anyone up there though, so I can't say for sure.
12-29-2009, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2009, 09:32 PM by mermaid.)

huh...what's a biner ???
12-29-2009, 10:04 PM,

huh...what's a biner ???
[/quote]

Not that I know anything about anything but I suspect it's short for "carabiner." 
12-30-2009, 08:50 AM,
Ice Screws, and other hardware, are sometime called "pro" as in "protection". This covers all hardware including biners. Saying you have ropes and pro to many people says you have all the hardware and rigging needed to set up a safety system. This would not include personal items everyone needs like a harness or helmet.

It's sad I can't make it.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM,

THANKS for your help NETim and Steve, I appreciate it ! Big Grin (and I'm sure I'll have a lot more guppy questions...so please be patient with me).
12-30-2009, 06:24 PM,
New Years Eve some Duluthians are headed up to French River for an end of year dive.  As far as New Year's day goes, I'm not sure...Call Innerspace Scuba, Scuba Junkie, to see what's up.  Wish I could go, but I guess not this year.
12-30-2009, 09:09 PM,
  Thanks Bill, sorry to hear you can't make it.  I'll give them a call and see what's up if we can't get an ice dive set up.
12-31-2009, 10:24 AM,
I have an ice harness, ice screws, and caribiners, the only thing I am missing is the ropes.

But once again, it would be nice to have at least 3 people, just in case of an emergency.

So I will cross my fingers for another weekend and will pack my truck for a little ice fishing instead.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201