Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Metal Detectors
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM,
Underwater Metal Detectors
Anyone able to provide some guidance on getting started with underwater metal detection.  What would be a good system to get started using and determine if I would want to get into this area of scuba diversification?
01-23-2010, 12:46 PM,
Re: Underwater Metal Detectors

I have a lop-sided opinion as I have only used the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2. I own two of them and they seem to work well for me. I think you can get them new for around $630 each anywhere but I got mine through thefirestore for $560. Here is a link to their site:
01-25-2010, 10:07 PM,
I met Detector guy at Square Lake.  Saw his detector and bought the same thing brand new off of Ebay.  Great
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM,
I have a Garrett also, it works great.  It doesn't have a good discriminator so I tend to dig up lots of bottle caps and beer cans Smile
01-26-2010, 09:03 PM,
I have a JW Fishers pulse 6x, its a great piece of equipment, although a little pricey.  the best part is that it has an available wet connect for different coils.  theres even a 8"x48" coil for towing behind your boat. 
"in order to have a good idea, you must first have lots of ideas"  -Linus Pauling
01-26-2010, 10:27 PM,
I would rather have a pile of junk rather than missing a ring!
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM,
Make sure you enjoy it before you commit. I thought I wanted one so I tried PRM's for an hour or so and it was
BOOOoooooRING! I found some small stuff and that can hold your attentions so location is everything but for my money; It convinced me that I'd rather scooter.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.