Remember me
Lost Password Register

First open water dive of 2010 (in MN)
03-22-2010, 11:12 AM,
Re: First open water dive of 2010 (in MN)

as long as you didnt leave the state to dive it, it counts.

yeah, as for diving in lakes this weekend, ill keep an eye out for a place to sneak under....
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
03-22-2010, 12:54 PM,

I'd say if its in the state it should count, we wouldn't want to limit it to 10 miles from your door step  >Big Grin
03-22-2010, 01:55 PM,
IMHO I think the first OW dive of the season should be limited to lakes in the 7 county metro area.  That way, neither Steve or Terry would be in the winner circle.  >Big Grin

"International" Lake Superior and Honduras (which is definitely international...tropical even) would not count.  (this gives the rest of us a chance....which IS only fair of course)  ;D
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM,
International maybe, but it's MN water. It's open all year, mostly, so I don't know, it counts as OW in my log but it's kind of a technicality to this posts intent. I was dry foot to MN on entry and exit so I can be on the leader board ether way.
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
03-22-2010, 02:00 PM,
No way can you make it local to just the metro. That's just as unfair to everyone else.

03-22-2010, 02:06 PM,
Okay then, this should narrow it down some...the body of water where the first OW dive of the season takes place, cannot have a VISIBLE route to the ocean...

This would also extend the possible lakes OUTSIDE of the 7 county metro area  ;D
03-22-2010, 04:28 PM,

Ok Steve, I'll forfit on my 1000th dive in Utila, so you can "poach" the winners circle.
                            But do you have any idea what Michelle is talking about with a "visible" route to the ocean, can she too see Russia from her deck?, or does she mean flow to the ocean? cancelling any river diving winners in MN too. Is she also including the Laurentian divide splitting the watershead up on the Gunflint trail 3 directions, North to Hudson Bay, East to Superior, South to the Mississippi, effectively, cancelling all of MN?, I think I need her thoughts on this one filtered thru a guy, so it makes some sense, can you help me out?                                              TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM,
Ok Steve, I'll forfit on my 1000th dive in Utila, so you can "poach" the winners circle.        But do you have any idea what Michelle is talking about with a "visible" route to the ocean, can she too see Russia from her deck?, or does she mean flow to the ocean? cancelling any river diving winners in MN too. Is she also including the Laurentian divide splitting the watershead up on the Gunflint trail 3 directions, North to Hudson Bay, East to Superior, South to the Mississippi, effectively, cancelling all of MN?, I think I need her thoughts on this one filtered thru a guy, so it makes some sense, can you help me out?                                              TRINITY
[/quote]

All right you two (especially TRINITY...filtered through a guy...PULEEZE).  What I mean by "visible" flow (maybe my wording WAS wrong) to the ocean, is that Lake Superior (and all the Great Lakes for that matter) have a "visible" flow to the Atlantic Ocean via the St. Lawrence River, which empties into the Gult of St. Lawrence, etc.  Whereas, local lakes such as Forest Lake, White Bear Lake and Bald Eagle Lake are probably fed through ground water (which is not visible)... mermaid
03-22-2010, 08:35 PM,
No way dude! She's nuts.

Ok Steve, I'll forfit on my 1000th dive in Utila, so you can "poach" the winners circle.
                            But do you have any idea what Michelle is talking about with a "visible" route to the ocean, can she too see Russia from her deck?, or does she mean flow to the ocean? cancelling any river diving winners in MN too. Is she also including the Laurentian divide splitting the watershead up on the Gunflint trail 3 directions, North to Hudson Bay, East to Superior, South to the Mississippi, effectively, cancelling all of MN?, I think I need her thoughts on this one filtered thru a guy, so it makes some sense, can you help me out?                                              TRINITY
[/quote]
03-22-2010, 08:50 PM,
You're both nuts.  But since TRINITY already forfeited his OW dive claim in Utila...the winner's circle is yours anyway Steve.