Remember me
Lost Password Register

Defenders of Wildlife
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM by mermaid.)
Re: Defenders of Wildlife
careful! You might be assimilated......... ;D
[/quote]

Hey Shooter, introductions are a good thing, or should I say they CAN be!  How about suggesting another happy hour? 
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM,

Thanks for another fine example of Ignorance, prejudice and fear walking hand in hand.  A little education would go a long, long way.
[/quote]

please enlighten us with your wisdom, oh great one.  :Smile . I suppose if our views were the same as yours, we would be as brilliant as you think that you are
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM,
I welcome opinions that differ from mine and I enjoy debating issues with people who are educated and informed. You are neither.  It is fascinating how fearful you are of wolves.  This fear comes from a lack of understanding.  Reacting by suggesting that wolves be killed is a classic response that an uniformed person would give.  Simply classic.  It is not my job to educate you, it is something you have to want to do for yourself.  Just look back in history how many times a speices has been wiped out or the environment has been trashed because of man's ignorance and stupidity.  Here we go again.  Instead of getting angry, try keeping an open mind, a neutral attitude and try learing as much as you can about such issues before deciding that eradication is the solution. It is not.
04-08-2010, 09:45 AM,
Okay EVERYONE

...Who would have thought this was such a HUGE can of worms... Tongue

Let's set up the next happy hour so we can hear ALL opinions while we throw back a few cold ones. 
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 09:52 AM by arcFlash.)
This thing is likely to get shut down soon but in the spirit of your post, how would having all the extinct animals back be better for anyone? I get that's it's not a good thing to kill (I don't even hunt) but how would anything be better if the extinct came back?

About trashing land, so do you have rubbish service to your house? Were do you think they put it? It's landfill and it's a nasty place, go look over the wall. It changed my habits a lot and at the same time I realize it's just utterly hopeless to think you can put 300 million people in one place and not destroy the place. We have more people than this rock can support. maybe we  need less people along with less deer. it's really the same argument, only one is wrong?

Lastly, your aviator has been active for a few weeks and your already getting post pulled and we're the problem? Maybe my distopian gripe about how everything is already in the toilet was a bit over the top but it's still mostly true. We've done a lot of damage [as humans] already and making it worse isn't the answer but getting everyone exited about it making a huge difference is just as wrong and any other opinion.

Peace out everyone.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-08-2010, 09:51 AM,
oops -DLC click
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
04-08-2010, 09:54 AM,

???  huh?
04-08-2010, 10:03 AM,

Speaking as a casual observer who has never met Shooter, scubafreek, or you, how exactly do you expect people to react when your response to their solution is to belittle them?  You obviously hold yourself and your ability to debate in high regard and yet three times in this thread your only response has been to call people stupid without providing any solutions of your own to a very real problem.  That doesn't strike me as 'keeping an open mind' as much as acting like a child.

Did I get this in before the thread was locked?
04-08-2010, 10:09 AM,

I have no fear of wolves, nor am I angry. I never said that all wolves should be killed. I simply said that I love them too. They are cute, cuddly, and especially warm. I am working on killing enough coyotes to make a jacket. I wasn't asking for you to educate me, I simply wanted you to back up your keyboard commando with some facts. You speak about me as if you know me, I don't know you from anywhere and haven't had any conversations with you. To me, you appear to be just another keyboard commando talking out of his asz without any facts or legitimate knowledge to back it up. You resulting in name-calling and belittling gives me some what of an idea of your emotional maturity.  ;D
04-08-2010, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010, 11:08 AM by mermaid.)
Let's all stop this now before the thread is locked...(Yes, I'm aware that I opened this can of worms...that'll learn me.)

Now about that whale petition... ;D