Lost Password Register

Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
04-17-2010, 04:07 PM,
Re: Twin Cities dive Apr 16 or 17?
Great story. ;D
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
04-17-2010, 04:21 PM,
That's cool that you found who it belonged too.  They should have given you that knife for bringing out the rest of the stuff - that was the nicest thing of the bunch.  I actually have that knife I think but I paid for it.

PS - Steve, you were right, I think I'm on the switch to a BP&W.  My trim was a little funky head down, but with some fiddling, I'll get it right.  I also like how small it is in the gear bag and it'll make traveling easier.  Can you tell I just got off the phone from talking to Tobin at DSS for a half hour figuring out what I should buy?

Anyone want to by a nice back inflate BC?  Mine is going to be for sale real soon.
04-17-2010, 05:39 PM,
First off thanks to all - I had a great time diving with you guys and hope to dive with you again! I dove with Matt, (speleophysics). Again thanks Matt for the use of the extra weight - even though I took a tad to much and you didn't take enough. Mermaid, I did my diving wet with my 7/5 jumpsuit and a 2mm shorty on top of that, with 6.5mm hood, 5mm boots and 5mmm gloves. I was comfortable until the last 10 minutes of our dive and then it was my fingers that got cold. The rest of me was fine.

I had some leaking in my primary reg and when I got to Scuba Center to get my tank refilled, I had John look at it. He found the exhaust valve was poked in a very little - hence letting a little water in at the end of a breath. John took it apart and fixed it for me -thanks John! This was a checkout dive as I had not used any of this gear until today. I was happy with overall.

Vis was best to the right side and got worse the deeper we went. There were times when I looked away from Matt and all of a sudden he disappeared in the bad viz. I had a hard time getting neutral buoyancy due to the excess weight. I found an old style Pepsi can and a ice fishing skimmer. Matt and I saw only one fish - a huge bass. Matt said the coldest temp on this computer was 40.

This was my first time diving Perch. Nice lake, combined with good diving and good companions - every day should be like this!
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-18-2010, 08:02 AM,
Hey guys, nice report. Sounds like it was an awesome time. I am defintely looking at the 24th to get in the water.
Very jealous.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
04-20-2010, 09:05 PM,
hey, here's the video from perch on 4-17-2010, not too exciting, but i shoot the batteries up near the end.

"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM,
Great vis Joe!  Nice video too, thanks for sharing.

This time next year, I'll be in the water early too ;D
04-21-2010, 06:27 AM,
Nice video job Joe! Again I had a great time diving with you all that day - hope to get out with you guys again soon... Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-22-2010, 09:13 AM,
Wow - cool, thanks for sharing the video and pic, holy haul!!!