Remember me
Lost Password Register

Old Anchors?
06-25-2010, 11:58 AM,
Re: Old Anchors?
Wow, I never thought about it but I looked up some images of torque converters on the web and there's no doubt that's what it is. I don't think it'd be a good idea to use that mechanic!  ;D
06-25-2010, 01:07 PM,
True but you could buy some weed from him because you know he's smoking it!

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM,

Maybe it is full of GOLD??  ;D
06-25-2010, 07:17 PM,
Or maybe you'll set free a genie who will grant your every wish!!  :o
06-25-2010, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2010, 08:16 PM by scubafreek864.)

I don't think that that is a torque converter.  By looking at your pic 3, the tabs going through the side don't appear to be sealed.  There are gaps next to the tabs.  Torque converters need to be sealed completely, with the exception of the pump drive, and some have drain holes with a pipe plug.

I would like to see the pics that took all the doubt away that you are talking about.  Please post.
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM,

I guess it wasn't one particular photo, but the images above looked so much like it that I figured it was. The shape is so similar. I don't know a thing about engine parts so I can only go by what people have told me. I had another guy that was over on Saturday think that nothing was taken apart on it, but the ring on the top was added and that's it. Meaning the whole thing is one part except the ring.
06-29-2010, 03:12 PM,
#

Sorry wrong link.
06-29-2010, 03:56 PM,

Maybe it is full of GOLD??   ;D
[/quote]

;D +1  ;D

Thats what the one I found had in it! I have it hidden at a secret location! I can now buy more dive gear, take more dive trips, and resume my extravagant lifestyle!  >Big Grin
06-29-2010, 08:12 PM,

Shooter, I was mucking in the Cannon River in Northfield when I came across what I thought was an super old anchor and when I saw what it was, I figured it was the gold Jesse James stole from the bank in town, no not the Jesse James that will be GIVING his gold to Sandra Bullock, (for a few very minor indiscretions with that hottie Boom-Boom or whatever her stage name was, looking at her, how could anyone blame him?) I mean, the original one. My concern is what I found is Shooters gold, Dude did you have it stashed right below the dam, in town?,,,,,,, Where no beavers, could find it.  :-X    TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM,

The mystery continues.  Let us all know what it is when you find out for sure.