Remember me
Lost Password Register

Not necessarily photo
04-13-2003, 08:49 PM,
Re:Not necessarily photo
JoelW:
I also determined that I am going to get another control put on the housing, manual/auto focus.
I was wondering if that wouldn't be a problem..

The camera still picked up my breathing very clearly.
I know a good fix for that ;D
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-14-2003, 04:25 AM,
Fred,

Adding the control isn't a problem. Equinox has already set up a housing for the Canon with it. I just have to send it back to get it done.

I'm not ready to give up the air cylinder just yet. Listening to the sound of the bubbles is actually kind of soothing.

Joel
04-14-2003, 07:26 AM,
I knew adding the control wouldn't be a problem.. but thought that using auto-focus might be as it would focus on debris (or bubbles Wink) sometimes and not necessarily on the subject. Looking forward to seeing some tape.
Are you going to get setup this year to drop video to the computer. If you're not going to get the digital setup you might be able to use that analog card and transfer from vhs. It'll be a bit clunky but it might be a way to do transfers. Don't remember what format that software saved the video in but there are a lot of shareware converters out there... ie, avi to mpg, etc.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-14-2003, 07:32 AM,
That was pretty cool watching Joel shoot video Saturday. I can't wait to see some clips of the footage. Wink
04-14-2003, 07:40 AM,
Joel, I forgot to ask...did you get any fogging on the inside of the housing lens at all?
04-14-2003, 07:57 AM,
GP,

I didn't notice any fogging on the dome in or out of the water.

I will say that at one point I thought I was taping and in reality I was paused. I need to do some more video of you guys.

Fred,

Out by the platforms having manual focus was the way to go due to some of the crud in the water. Up shallow the water was pretty clear and the lighting was good. I think that auto would have been a better choice, especially for getting some of the closeups that I was trying.

It turns out that I didn't need anything to put the video onto the computer. My computer has a firewire port in and the camera does firewire out. I played with a little video of Lonnie and Jason and it took about 20 minutes to create. So easy it is scary. I almost added cheesy music.

Joel