Remember me
Lost Password Register

Not necessarily photo
03-20-2003, 04:13 PM,
Re:Not necessarily photo
Did you get your camera yet? Is it everything you hoped it to be?
03-21-2003, 08:12 AM,
The camera and stuff are on their way. I should get them next week.

JoelW
03-21-2003, 08:50 AM,
That is awesome, Joel!

Have you ever shot U/W video before??? Just curious...
Then you have to choreograph the video and sell them right on the dive site. And if you need an assistant to help you with the video... :Smile
(I tried this line down in Florida on someone that shot video for the dive shop(s). He said once I got more experience with U/W video and them come and see him)

Thanks...Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-21-2003, 09:32 AM,
Jean,

I haven't done u/w video before. I expect to waste a lot of tape learning. I am going to practice at the pool with my kids. They aren't so critical of my video abilities. They will just think it's cool seeing themselves underwater.

Joel
03-21-2003, 01:49 PM,
That sounds like a wonderful idea (photo pool practice). I have been using pool time to try to get optimum positions for my strobe on my 35mm camera.
I found that if the strobe is off just a bit , everything goes to heck in a handbasket.
I think with U/W photography , practice *TRIES* to make perfect. (At least I keep on practicing anyway).
And its always fun watching yourself get a little bit better each time.
And by the way , with some of pictures I have shot (just last weekend in fact) I better stick with the pool , for now. :-[

Thanks...Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-21-2003, 08:47 PM,
Actually Joel, I find video much easier to shoot then film. My film pictures are kind of hit and miss. Well OK mostly miss. However, my video is not half bad. I just keep rolling, and depending on the model, look through the view finder to see how you are doing and adjust accordingly. I'd love to get a video cam, but have been banned for reasons that I would rather not discus (other than to say my own stupidity amazes me). Good luck and let's see that footage!
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
03-21-2003, 11:00 PM,
Your lack of description begs me to ask for more of an explanation ;D

I just did one of those stupid moves,
Me Dear, What is this charge on the Chextra
Her I don't know
Me It is for $238 how could you not know
Her What was the name of the store
Me Purchase S.r.hoskins Fineosseo Mn
Her That is a jewelry store
ME (DOH) oh yeah, that was my dive watch
Her You mean the total you gave me didn't include the watch
Me but,but,but,but,but,but,but

How am I going to tell her I just ordered a Dry Suit!
03-22-2003, 01:11 AM,
Oh Brent, you are going to get it, no way out! Of course I did the same thing, drysuit showed up, and the checkbook police was hoping mad. I did what any brave man would do, grabbed the suit and ran like hell! Almost a year later and I still hear about it. At least after a few months she quit threatning to Ebay it. Wink
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
03-22-2003, 08:16 AM,
I asked her last night if I could go to Cozumel in June. She said you want to Cozumel WITHOUT ME. I imeaditly responded with, You could get certified and dive also. She gave me the look.

Hopefully Cozumel will work out.
03-28-2003, 08:29 PM,
I have met Murphy and he has won. The video system arrived and the number of things that don't work is considerable. It looks like it got banged in shipping. So, the previous owner is getting in touch with UPS since it was insured. I have come to the realization that there are some things that are better off getting new in the box.

Cutting to the chase, I am now in the hunt for a digital camcorder and housing.

JoelW