Remember me
Lost Password Register

Looking to dive locally Saturday or Sunday
06-27-2010, 09:04 PM,
Re: Looking to dive locally Saturday or Sunday
Hydro and I didn't even get out of Wayzeta Bay.  Had some motor trouble, turned around and called it off for us two. 

The other part of the crew made some dives.
06-27-2010, 09:23 PM,
yeah, diving tonka on a weekend after 10am is not a good idea, unless the weather is bad.

it was packed.
"The lake is running low on leeches. Dump a few more barrels in."
-John Calhoun
06-28-2010, 01:42 AM,
Had a great time with you guys.
First time on Tonka. I think I need to hit there a little more often.
Thanks for driving Trin.
Joe<br /><br />&quot;It is better to be doing than to wish you were doing&quot;-Me
06-28-2010, 06:14 AM,

Hey Everyone,

We dove the Hopkins first, took three attempts at setting anchors and drifting back to get the spot, and still ended 85' from the wreck with the wind and waves what they were. Vis was good, water on the wreck was in the low 50s. Cool to see the Minnehaha sailing by right before we went in to be reminded what she would of looked like on the surface. Pete tied to the back of the Impulse, so we only had one set of anchors down. We then headed into Wayzata Bay to get out of the chop for the second to do some mucking.
                            I can see as the peak summer months come in,,,,Must hit the launch NO later then 10am, there ended up a waiting line of 6 trailers for parking spots at Grays Bay, and Pete and Robert reported it wasnt much better at Carsons or Wayzata. Had a good time!      TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)
06-28-2010, 07:59 AM,
sounds like I missed another good time!

but I don't mind - I was off being a Pirate myself...  but it was of the "looks at forty" variety!  and I did use my scuba gear - drained part of a tank using it to fill a few sharks and parrots and a small pool - can't waste time and lung capacity when you have a full day of beer driniking and girl watching planned!

if anyone is wondering - I hit the Jimmy buffett concert over at Alpine Valley... >Big Grin

there were plenty of pirates and wenches in attendance, good food was consumed (venison tenderloin!) and a few beers were imbibed (Summit Porter and Horizon Red).  Mother Nature actually kind of cooperated with my plan and she kept the rain away from us - but she did make it hotter than I like with a little too much sun.  She just doesn't like to give in to me - had to over-rule me on the "partly cloudy so it's not too hot" part of my wishful thinking!

Trinity - keep me posted on your 4th of July weekend plans.  I'll be north again and might be able to sneak over to Crosby for a tank.  Although it sounds like we have a full house up there so I might have to work around entertaining plans. 
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
06-28-2010, 08:01 AM,
Thanks to Captain Terry and his lovely first mate Molly for an absolutely grand time! Only my second time diving Minnetonka and my first time getting to wreck dive there as I have no boat. Good diving and great company in the form of Michelle, Joe, and Pete and of course Terry! Thank you all for your great company and I hope to get out with you all again... Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM,
Really damn bummed I could not be there. Terry please give Molly my luvs....looking forward to the next one
06-29-2010, 11:17 AM,
The weather was dandy for a great day to do some diving. 

A properly working reg would have been nice (first experience with free flow), less choppy water (felt like Superior), and swallowing less lake water would have been a good idea (but WOW, those zebras are tasty!).

Looking forward to the next one!  ;D

06-29-2010, 12:27 PM,
I find zebras best served with a hot sauce - Cajun style :Smile

I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.