Remember me
Lost Password Register

The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers
07-22-2010, 05:30 PM,
Re: The City of Crosby wants your help to better attract divers
What would happen if we went and got one dollar coins and spent those
07-22-2010, 08:13 PM,
HA - l will bring dollar coins when I get up there - awesome idea Grumpie!
07-22-2010, 09:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM by aknelsonone.)
I can suggest a setup they use in Florida state parks
Sometime it is just to have a parking spot and an access point.
Some of the parks do have tables to setup the equipment this is very basic and cost effective.

Andreas
Andreas
07-23-2010, 06:39 AM,
His desire is to get people who do come to the area to dive to come into town.

I wonder if a "rinse rack" set up in the city park would be of any value to divers.
It’s good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.<br />~Mark Twain
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM,

If the trucks that they keep dumping there were salt tankers, then maybe a rinse rack would be effective. It would help with sharks and grouper too!  ;D
07-23-2010, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2010, 10:36 AM by arcFlash.)
I put it on the survey but I need better cartography of the mines. A road side historical display on main street so I can go in and look at maps and photos of the mines before they filled up. Maybe put some of the known items on the maps so I can connect what I see with were I was.

I'd stop and figure out what I want to go see and as long as I'm already parked....

Map the roads/trails as well. I get lost some times. Have a pilot take fall photos  (no leafs) of the area and trace the roads. Print the photos large and post them road side as well. Anyone even fishing would stop and review the trails.

Putting this display on main street would put feet on the sidewalk and that's the goal.

If you don't have park space, billboard them on main business fronts and make us walk down the block to read the one we want. (Don't make it more than a block but both sides would make a nice loop back to my car)
Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
07-23-2010, 10:45 AM,

That is an excellent idea!  It's kind of hard to remember how to get back in there sometimes- left, left, right, second left? I think.... :Smile after a short drive on the trail it all looks the same.
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
07-23-2010, 06:28 PM,
FYI-Gary's went out of business.

The problem we have is accessing many of the pits that are taken over by partying campers.  The divers that camp are very accommodating in sharing the accesses.  The non-divers that are camping are often rude and begrudgingly allow access walking through their campsite.  Wish there was some way to fix this. 
We don't go out there as often because of this.

Louie's and North Country Inn has always been very accommodating to divers.

Maybe you could have someone go out to the campgrounds (Crosby and Portmouth) and the main pits areas (Louise etc) and give out coupons or put flyers on cars on the weekend.  You could see if the MN School of Diving would allow discount coupons in their Store.
07-25-2010, 04:45 PM,
I'll second access problems. I had an access for the four of us diving and some hillbillies came in with 6 kids and set up right on shore and took over the place. Toys and beer cans littered the place in 20 minutes so we left. We intended to do a surface interval but you couldn't get to the water after the invasion.

Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you.
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM,

I agree with Christie, (even though she was joking) continue dumping vehicles, the dumptruck and CoC van have been the best addition to the mines in a long time. Steve,,,,,hillbillies? or were they just simply folks from northern MN,  :-\ bet they'd know about dumping vehicles. There has to be some mom and pop motels in Crosby, I've never seen or heard or stayed at any, have run back to Brainard a few times to stay at hotels though. I would be happy to communicate with ANYONE from Crosby or Ironton about how to improve, access, spending, or contact between divers and the fine folks of both cities.    Terry
                                                                                                    TRINITYIS@msn.com
                                                                                                      952-201-3029
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; 952-201-3029&nbsp; (cell)