Remember me
Lost Password Register

International Dive-In Day
03-21-2003, 08:38 AM,
Re:International Dive-In Day
That sounds even better. (bucket vs. bags)
So: how do we pick the/these site(s)?
If I had my choice , it would be Perch. Need to clean up all that "party" junk that ends up in there. There are alot of cans and bottles down there.
And I think Chris has the right idea about the number of sites. Smile

Thanks...Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-21-2003, 03:15 PM,
Hello, as you can see I'm new to the mnscuba site. So far I've enjoyed the forum.

Well, to the point. I'd like to participate in clean up dives. I've done several freedives in Lake Minnetonka, 'round Big Island. Too many pigs party there and leave tons-o-junk & a few 'treasures' (anchors, money, etc). I plan on diving there several times this year - I'll post it when I plan it.

What do I need to do to participate?

'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
03-21-2003, 03:47 PM,
I would vote for Lake Minnetonka. It's huge so we wouldn't have problems with too many people in one spot and I'm sure there is enought garbage to keep us busy.

Another thought is I know that I've heard about a few boats etc.. sunk in Minnetonka and it would be a great excuse to gather a search party and find them as afternoon dives after the clean up??

FYI-- April 22nd isn't far away. Maybe we should get that second date and plan for both dates and if April is ice'd out we shoot for the next date....
Chris Bloss
03-21-2003, 06:06 PM,
If Tonka has open water plan on being off of the lake by about 10:00am-11:00am. After that it gets nuts. I have been out diving in Tonka a few times and the boat traffic has no respect for anyone on the weekends.

JoelW
03-21-2003, 10:11 PM,
Do you need a boat to get out to where you would want to do the clean-up dive(s) on Tonka???
If we do need a boat and decide to dive here , that is one more thing we would have to take care of.
(especially if a large amount of people show up)
Now if its off the shore line , problem solved.
Sorry , just thinking ahead !!!

Thanks...Jean
03-23-2003, 09:57 PM,
Good point Jean!
I'll make sure to buy the pre-punctured garbage bags.
T Smile
03-25-2003, 01:17 PM,
Count me in Smile Hopefully, the ice will be thawed out and warm by then!
03-25-2003, 02:20 PM,
At least have the ice off by then. We can handle the cold...RIGHT???? :-\

Jean
03-25-2003, 03:21 PM,
I don't know if I am the only one confused but I cannot figure out when and where. One suggestion is since several shops post here, perhaps one of them would like to organize and host this event(it's called marketing).