Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver down under flag and reel
08-11-2010, 10:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2010, 10:41 PM by acharpenter.)
Re: Diver down under flag and reel

Not the same - well maybe the principal of it is the same

Mine has an actual inner tube made of rubber and a canvas skin for the outside.

I guess I should say we have the same float - but yours is made of plastic that you blow up and mine is made of rubber and canvas
08-16-2010, 01:53 PM,

This is the one I got, very cheap and I've been impressed. I had to take some of the line off that it comes with, they overfill it, but the mechanics have been great so far.
08-19-2010, 02:01 PM,
well i don't know about the rest of the forum, but I have on occasion had the spool get kinda like stuck then suddenly have line shoot out and over run to the point of getting tangled. I added the optional weight to the under ring(brick with clip) that buoy never tips over. had both a dive bag, and camera clipped . both some how came UN clipped and lost. after a search found them both. that particular camera i have somehow lost at least a half dozen times, and found every time! one of those was in near zero vis in the river in solid weed stretch i was crossing. only found by the feel of finger tips.
also have had buoy tangle in the boat anchor line.

i know that some people have concern with moving boats striking a buoy and dragging a diver(as that happens occasionally in Florida were they have 40,000 divers out on the mini-lobster season).
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;