Remember me
Lost Password Register

Gear
03-24-2003, 12:50 PM,
Re:Gear
I tend to spread my air-fills around town but I use only one or two shops for my training and gear needs.
That brings up a thought:
How many people stay loyal to the LDS they were originally certified in? (local , of course)
(I.E. Do they feel they *HAVE* to buy gear there etc....)

Thanks...Jean
Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-24-2003, 01:00 PM,
I bought most all of my major gear purchases locally except for my BP/Wing since there were no local dealers that carried Halcyon and that is what I chose to purchase since I liked their wings best. My regs and computer were purchased locally as will my drysuit purchase when I have the cash. I have used the internet in the past for some small accessory purchases. I have pretty much stayed loyal to one shop for my major purchases but I do check other shops as well and wouldn't rule out purchasing elsewhere if I were able to get a better deal. I have found that prices are on a pretty level playing field from LDS to LDS though so I don't think that "price" is really much of a factor. It really comes down to what lines are carried at certain shops and what I'm looking to get.
03-24-2003, 02:47 PM,
I have done all my training through two shops. I have probably purchased at least one item from every local shop -- though the majority have been through one shop. I get fills at 4 different shops (some shops don't bank premix). Luckly I have at least 4 shops within 15 minutes of my house.

I think you can find significant price differences between shops on certain items. I recently bought a drysuit and found prices all over the map. Price isn't the only factor though. I don't want to drive 40 minutes to get something serviced when I can drive to a shop 10 minutes away.
--Jason
03-24-2003, 05:18 PM,
IF we're still talking about BC's, I would highly recommend the Halcyon wing and back plate setup. It can be totally customized to fit you and will grow into any kind of diving system that you want, plus it is the smallest packing system that I have seen for travel- much more compact than my old Transpac or my wife's Zeagle. It is also tough as nails and will last you a very long time. ;D

If your buying Halcyon, you might as well get it from your local shop because you won't find much of a price break over the internet.

When it comes to freediving equipment I buy all of mine online because it is SOOO much cheaper than trying to get a local shop to order it for me- 8)

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg_thumb   Jon_Dir_warmwater.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.39 KB / Downloads: 0)
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin