Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Nokia's final dive,,,,,,
08-31-2010, 07:46 PM,
Re: The Nokia's final dive,,,,,,
Terry,

Some people just need to "Get a life." Perhaps you should have placed the drysuit in the dump truck, now that would be funny. Heck, we could plan a "class trip" this weekend and go ahead and move the drysuit to the dump truck, then somehow suspend the "pumpkin head" over the body.
Dave Torry
Alexandria, MN
612-799-3201
09-02-2010, 10:56 PM,
Hi T,

Like the new Viking! My take on the suit - It would be fun to find the Nokia, add the pumpkin head, add a totem (like at the wheel house in Utilia on your 1,000th dive) and we'll dive it on my next trip north!  That would be awesome! Then it could be an annual thing moving it around while exploring the mines.  Somewhat like hunting for the Teddy Bears and Gator on the Spiegel Grove.

As far as a diver thinking it's a body . . . really?  It's not deep enough for the diver to be narced but I guess you never know. Hopefully they would realize the gear is missing along with the head and hands, and figure it out before they hit the panic button.  How many guppies dive the mines?  Other than the simple shore diving, I thought they would be more of the hard core group??? 

And by the way, I really don't want to ask but how you decided "it" was a "her" LOL hehehehe  8)  Does she have a name like Novotny?  What would my pink camo drysuit be? A "he" in touch with his fem side LMAO  ;D

You guys are funny!
Happy Diving, Lisa
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM,
There are teddy bears and a gator at the Spiegel grove?  I must have missed them.  I had a great time - diving both the grove and the Duane.
09-05-2010, 04:08 PM,
Yes, now there's a Lion, gator and bear (oh my)

It's a game some of the teckie guys started.  They weighted down a plastic bear and gator and move them around on each other - to the different rooms/decks like geochasing.  For example, the last sighting of the bear was a few days ago.  It was on the hall floor on top of the Snoopy mascot.  Today I tried to find it and move it to another place but someone beat me.  Now we have to keep our eyes open where it may be hidden.

Not sure about the gator, haven't actually seen it yet.  The lion is solid concrete meant to stay where it is .  . haven't found that either. . .  if I do  . . . will send an update. . . :-)   
Happy Diving, Lisa
09-05-2010, 04:16 PM,

How many lift bags would it take??  I have 1 - 50 lb bag....
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
09-05-2010, 04:23 PM,
The lion is about 100 lbs but the guys don't want it moved.

The teddy bear is about 45 lbs and the gator about 30 lbs.  It is fun to find them and move them :-)

Today we did the "Tons of Steel". . . Bibb, Duane and Spiegel.  Sunny, beautiful blue water, mild currents, 70' vis.

Yippy!!!
Happy Diving, Lisa
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM,
Hey Lisa, here's a few pics of the Nokia getting set on the bottom

Attached Files
.jpg   Pics of the Nokia's last dive 025.jpg (Size: 1.56 MB / Downloads: 108)
.jpg   Pics of the Nokia's last dive 011.jpg (Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg   Pics of the Nokia's last dive 025.jpg (Size: 1.56 MB / Downloads: 108)
.jpg   Pics of the Nokia's last dive 011.jpg (Size: 1.73 MB / Downloads: 81)
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)
09-16-2010, 09:03 AM,
LOL someone is going to wonder who had bottle hands!!!!  That is great!
The only thing I take seriously when it comes to diving is safety.
09-16-2010, 03:16 PM,
My drysuit has bottle hands right now.  That way when I try to get in and use it, it won't cut off circulation too much!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!