Remember me
Lost Password Register

Local lake updates - Perch Lake
03-24-2003, 04:02 PM,
Local lake updates - Perch Lake
I know at one time someone was kidding around about getting viz reports from local lakes. (I seem to remember different levels of viz master...hmmmmmm)
Since I dive Perch so much (usually weekly) I can volunteer to get viz , temp and other such stats from the lake...Hopefully we can get regular updates on other local dive spots also!!! And I promise , no overfeeding the wildlife this year...
(NO , NOT ME , THE FISH !!!)

Jean Big Grin
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-26-2003, 12:56 PM,
Re:Local lake updates - Perch Lake
No doubt Jean, man I almost got eaten alive by the Sunnies and Crappies at Perch Lake last summer. I got bit several times in late August wearing a shorty and no gloves, I even got bit in the lip once >> OUCH! It's like the minute they see divers along the weed line they're expecting food or they turn on you like little pirhana's. :o
03-26-2003, 06:43 PM,
You know, I fear sharks in the ocean much less than 'gills in a lake. It's always the little guys that are the ones to look out for. ;D
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
03-26-2003, 09:16 PM,
I rember the day well. It was 20+ years agao, I was swimming in Lake John up in Annandale. I saw a bunch of sun fish swiming around me and thought I would stand still and see how close they would get. The next thing I knew one bit my nipple!!! I dont think I ever stood still in the water again.
03-27-2003, 10:17 AM,
THAT MUST HAVE HURT LIKE CRAZY. So now , I suppose you always wear upper body protection , right?
Its not the panners that bug me (there so cute anyway...) its those bullheads.
(I can't believe people eat those things) Tongue
They get fat just on their own.

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH