Remember me
Lost Password Register

nite dive
04-16-2011, 06:37 AM,
Re: nite dive
lakes open. last night it felt like 30mph blowwing Thur channel.now its quiet, so should be OK.might be swept clean by current.

I'm not sure if I'm going in until i see what else is going on. I will be there even so. as best as i can tell there are no boats out yet.I was thinking of using my inflatable as a buoy marker.

the house next to the parking lot is
4231 Circle Rd, spring park MN

(for mapquest or tomtom users)

drove by and cedar/Calhoun also open.

but anyways I will be there Smile

&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-16-2011, 10:09 AM,

Thanks for posting the address Pat

Kevin and I should be there around 7 or so!
04-16-2011, 02:37 PM,
Damn after getting all my gear checked out and ready to go - I went and through a kink in my low back  Sad. While not horribly painful it probably would not do any good for it lugging heavy gear around.

I hope you all have fun and please keep in in mind for future dives. Now for some Tylenol and a heating pad.

Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-16-2011, 09:25 PM,
it was a pleasant dive.  I did my usual "slow as molasses getting ready" so popolar toured around first.  then I dropped in and grabbed the treasure - fishing rod!  (I've got enough - so sent it home with Angie)  the ladies enjoyed it when I "arked" like a walrus when trying to get back up onto the wall from the water - I was just glad there weren't any PETA people on scene - I HATE it when they keep shoving me back into the water!!!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
04-16-2011, 09:37 PM,
What time did everyone leave?

I drove out from Glencoe with my son and daughter to show them what it looks like to do a night dive, but when we got there, nobody was around.  I thought you guys were going to do a "night dive"?  We got there, and there was still a little daylight left.  You call that a night dive???  Night dives are suppose to be done after dark...

I am confused as to what you call a night dive.
04-16-2011, 10:00 PM,
you said that you were busy and could not make it. I check my E-mail a t 1730 and you did not say you were coming. my phone number was on the nite dive list so you could have called. the laqst diver got in the water at 1930 hrs and had a twenty minute dive.
04-16-2011, 10:05 PM,
I just wasn't going to be able to dive with my kids along.  Yes, I could have called you, but was assuming this was going to be a "night dive".  Bad assumption on my part, I guess.  I wouldn't have thought you would have even needed light at that time of day.  Hmmm.  I will have to think about the next night dive.  Make it an actual night dive next time, and I will be there.  ;D
04-17-2011, 08:49 AM,
we would have been there still if we all hadn't gotten cold!  Popolarbear got in two dives, but I had a leaky right glove so I only did one psuedo twilight dive.  I was tempted to put a wet glove on that hand and do another dive, but I'd been out in the wind all day before that, so when the topic of hitting Culvers for a warm-up drink and snack came up, I caved in to the peer pressure and thru the gear in the truck instead.  ;D  since there were only two of us actually diving, we took pity on the group standing out in the wind (and retreating into the trucks to warm up like wimps ;D ) and headed for warmth and good conversation instead of making them wait around while we scoured the bottom again.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
04-17-2011, 09:25 AM,
Vis dropped to zero Friday night and came up to about 3ft sat evening. we were still hanging out for around 2hrs. not so many people showed up, so we called it. Last week was amazing.
only lasts 2Weeks. without the vis you dont get the FULL effect of the sharp dropping double wall with boulders. I should have taken a day off of work and dove the spot again.
of interest, this time area was Full with half dead/alive large sunfish. all with no signs of damage except gills slimed shut and full off mucus. not sure if this is winter c02 die off or low temperature protozoan infection.
I wanted to take some samples in to DNR but I felt like girls got squeamish when i came out of water with handfull of half alive bluegills. so let them go.

my lights were also low on batteries.
planing another night dive for may.

angies got the dates.

spot is good for snorkeling has clear water and underwater platforms for divers. free to park.
Little long  lake in Mound.
I will scout the spot and try to figurea tom tom /map quest  address.
I'm going to try bring a grill.and hot dogs .perhaps someone else would donate pop
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;