Remember me
Lost Password Register

nite dive
04-14-2011, 12:48 PM,
Re: nite dive
Common. cant believe more people aren't responding.channel is slightly illuminated by street lights.water level is up to grass so no climbing just roll in and roll back up onto ground(street level). this is as close to diving out of your car as you will ever find. bottom is gravel, then rocks then sand with some slight marl.

I would also recommend bringing diver buoy. just drag the buoy and it will stop you from hitting hard water.

if someone is bringing a nomad(wing) id like to try it or swap a dive from one of mine.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM,
I will be at the narrows channel sat evening at 1800 hrs with Gen and lites. come under the bridge and I will be there in a black pick up.  the bridge is on co rd 19 between navarre and excelsior.
04-15-2011, 07:14 AM,
Where can you park? Is this the bridge with Lafayette Bay on the north and Carmon Bay on the south?
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-15-2011, 10:55 AM,
if you do a mapquest for
"sunset dr, spring park MN"
that gets you close. its actualy the next street. I think its called cirle dr.
i will be there  also with black truck and some blue waterproof lights
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
04-15-2011, 11:26 AM,
yes there is public parking for about a dozzen cars. there is also public fishing rod holders for atleast that many people. you can also park under the bridge which gets you out of the sun/rain. this will for sure be the last weekend that this is possible(If that). I live close, so i will update, and check it out tonight.

also might have an extra drysuit and extra 8mil if someone needs that to do the dive.
04-15-2011, 11:38 AM,
its hwy 7 west to 19 north. the exit is in excelsior.19 on mapquest shows up as shadywood Dr.
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM,
I am going to try and make it too. I also have a black pickup truck, (Dodge 1500). I'll check out my gear and tanks - by the by, I only have one dive light - I don't think that should be a problem - do you?

Hope to see you at 6PM at the bridge.

Pat
I'm a Mog, Half man half dog - I'm my own best friend.<br />Alcohol doesn't make you fat... it makes you Lean... on tables, chairs &amp; random people.
04-15-2011, 03:18 PM,
I have my stuff ready and I will throw some extra cyln in the truck and flash lites.
04-15-2011, 09:27 PM,
I'm going to try to make it - timing depends on when I get done with a steel shoot earlier in the day...
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
04-16-2011, 05:40 AM,
Although I wont be diving - I am going to try and swing out after work to hang out.  Never seen a night dive before...

Should be around 7:00 if all goes well  Wink