Remember me
Lost Password Register

Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III
09-25-2011, 10:03 AM,
Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III
On this trip I got in 14 dives and Nate and Art got in about 16 I think. Most of these drops were on rocky ledges, but we did manage to get on 4 different wrecks. One was a sunken shrimp boat that had a 9' nurse shark sleeping in the rigging. One was a barge that had a couple 8' nurse sharks sleeping, a loggerhead turtle, and some goliath grouper. one was an upside down 32' fishing boat called "Miss Sue". The last wreck was a sunken tugboat called "The Mitchel". Here is a link to the video I took on the tugboat. Art took better video of this dive as well and I am looking forward to seeing that video. If you watch the video to the end, there are some still images there in the video.

09-25-2011, 09:26 PM,
Looks like fun was had by all!  Nice bugs!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
09-26-2011, 07:23 AM,
NICE Job on the video! I always have my camara with on these trips, but I end up shooting fish instead of video. I miss florida already......

How did the seafood dinner turn out? I had the scallops last night along with some grilled amberjack and grouper. I can't believe how good fresh sea scallops are, and to think of how many i swam by before.
09-26-2011, 08:31 AM,
My 23rd anniversary was on the 17th of Sept when I was in Florida. I steamed the big lobster and sautee'd some hog fish Thursday for us. We all ate so much we could hardly move. We just sat at the table and picked away at it for a couple hours. My daughter absolutely loved the hog fish (and she is not a fish lover). I packaged up the rest of the fish in forty 1 1/2 meal sized packages.

When I got to work today the guys had made a welcome back sign for me and put it in my parking spot. At least they did not "decorate" my office like they did last time I was on vacation!

Attached Files
.jpg   Welcome back sign 1.jpg (Size: 561.89 KB / Downloads: 86)
.jpg_thumb   Welcome back sign 1.jpg_thumb (Size: 35.61 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Welcome back sign 2.jpg (Size: 692.22 KB / Downloads: 86)
.jpg   Welcome back sign 2.jpg (Size: 692.22 KB / Downloads: 86)
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM,
Here is a link to another little video I took of Art, Nate, and I swimming in "Orange Grove Sink" near Luraville, Florida. We were topping the scuba tanks off in cave country and it was too hot to not go swimming. This is where Art did some of his cave certification training and I'm glad he showed it to us. It really doesn't look like much from the surface with duck weed covering the whole top, but the water below was clear and cool.

10-03-2011, 02:57 PM,
Good Times. This pic brought an instant smile to my face when I saw it  ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   livin the high life.jpg (Size: 92.5 KB / Downloads: 101)
.jpg_thumb   livin the high life.jpg_thumb (Size: 33.2 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-03-2011, 06:29 PM,

Thats what I'm talk'n about! Nothing like 900 ponies pushing you across the water towards the Happy Hunting Grounds, where so many fish will meet their maker at the end of a 60" shaft of cold steel... PRICELESS!
10-04-2011, 08:06 AM,

Thats what I'm talk'n about! Nothing like 900 ponies pushing you across the water towards the Happy Hunting Grounds, where so many fish will meet their maker at the end of a 60" shaft of cold steel... PRICELESS!
[/quote]

Art looks LOADED  ;D. I'm sure he was just happy not to be puking.
10-12-2011, 12:12 PM,
When I got to work today, there were 2 dvd's in the door! This morning I got to relive the dive. John, let me know if you will be in town and you can pick it up.
10-12-2011, 06:20 PM,

Jody is working tomorrow, Could you drop off a disc in her truck? That would be great! Can't wait to see it.