Remember me
Lost Password Register

Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM,
Re: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour III

Jody is working tomorrow, Could you drop off a disc in her truck? That would be great! Can't wait to see it.
[/quote]

Its there  ;D  8)
10-14-2011, 07:00 AM,
say, i was curious as to fuel consuption driving a truck down. did you keep any logs or collect the receipts from gas stations? i kept mine from my last drive to the keys, and was amazed that my fuel economy changed dramatically with temperature.  somewere around Tennessee it went up.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;
10-16-2011, 11:21 AM,
Our primary variable with regard to fuel consumption was in my opinion related to relative speed  and rate of acceleration :Smile  The difference between driving style and average speed of 68MPH and about 75MPH was the difference between about 19MPG and about 16MPG.  It all averaged out.  We were fortunate that the cost of fuel was a bit lower this fall thatn it was this spring when I went down.
Fish dinners are WELL worth it >Big Grin >Big Grin
10-17-2011, 12:09 PM,

:-[ Did I get high score?  :-[ 
10-17-2011, 01:42 PM,
I am not sure how it happened, but I think the worst milage was when I was driving. Might have something to do with me slamming two or three Monster energy drinks after not even drinking pop for a year. The DVD player on the dash might have pulled too much amperage from the alternator, and that probably didn't help the MPG  Wink.

Art,
That video was awsome! Its just over 32 minutes... It would be cool if you somehow boil it down to 15 minutes or less and put it on Youtube. Your camera takes great video.
10-17-2011, 04:50 PM,

+1  ;D 8)

check the raw footage for the stabbing of the AJ (amberjack) >Big Grin
10-17-2011, 07:23 PM,

Nate, I was running low on gas and started for the top about 5 minutes before you shot the AJ. You had to be running low too after taking the time to brain the fish. I was already in the boat and gear off by the time you guys popped up. God... that was a great trip! Had Almaco Jack for supper last night at Jodys request.
10-18-2011, 07:51 AM,

Nate, I was running low on gas and started for the top about 5 minutes before you shot the AJ. You had to be running low too after taking the time to brain the fish. I was already in the boat and gear off by the time you guys popped up. God... that was a great trip! Had Almaco Jack for supper last night at Jodys request.
[/quote]

I think I was at 900 PSI  when I shot the AJ. Of course I was planning a nice stone shot for the video but it didn't turn out that way. I figured it being the first dive of the day I had a little room for error. As you can hear in the video art really wanted me to take the shot  ;D  ;D  ;D.
10-18-2011, 04:41 PM,
Hmmm.
I would luv to edit the segment down to 15min but.... that would mean that a lot of what goes on would be cut out....and I've already culled out most of the video shot.  What I would like to do is add to the audio track.  I'm thinking some background music (probably what I like "longhair stuff and not the head banging kind" and NOT what you would prefer, along with a narrative that would explain to the masses what the heck we're doing.  This kind of thing sounds easy.  I mean ya go down ta florida and shoot fish right.  I mean how the @*#^$% hard can it be.....

Welllllllll  The multi tasking involved at this level of tec diving is really VERY VERY impressive.  Which is why I jus LUV ta do it even though I am at a very distinct DISADVANTAGE from those of you who do not suffer from nauseating equilibrium issues....don't puke when you think of getting on a boat.... The narrative would include the things I SEE you guys doing  which you probably think of as SECOND NATURE by now.  continuing to check your guages/maintainging bouyancy/wreck diving/deepdiving/Nitrox ETC ETC ETC.....
Not to MENTION oh gee hunting fish Smile
10-21-2011, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM by DetectorGuy.)
Sorry Art, I couldn't wait, so I split your whole 32 minute video of the tugboat dive into 3 parts and put them on Youtube to share with everyone. Part one has a "blue" screen on the title sequence. Part two has a "red" screen on the title sequence. Part three has a "green" screen on the title sequence. I did not add a soundtrack or commentary on what is happening but I sure like the way your camera picks up the natural sounds... The boat circling overhead, the twang of a shaft leaving the gun, the grunting/popping sound from a 300 pound Goliath Grouper, The words Nate is speaking through his regulator while setting up "the ambush"... Very cool 8) 8) 8).

(part 1 0f 3)

(part 2 of 3)

(part 3 of 3)