Remember me
Lost Password Register

New mnscuba.com corporate structure
06-26-2011, 04:13 PM,
New mnscuba.com corporate structure
In an effort to be completely transparent about the way mnscuba.com is operated, I wanted to let members know about a change that has recently taken place.  Mnscuba is managed by individuals who contribute their time and money to keep the forum running.  We've managed to do that on a relatively informal basis for almost 10 years.  The goals have always been to serve the community of regional divers by providing education, fostering friendship, and sharing our common love of diving.  These goals remain unchanged. 

In order to ensure the long term viability of mnscuba.com I have recently created a new corporate entity which will own the website.  This new entity is called Internet Dive Network, LLC (IDN).  The new entity will help us build a community that can last many more decades.  It will allow us to raise funds, support charitable causes, sponsor dive events, and much more.

Now that we are transitioning to a real corporate structure we plan to begin offering website advertising and sponsorship opportunities to other organizations -- dive shops, travel agencies, dive manufacturers, etc.  The proceeds from this advertising will help support our website hosting costs, business fees, and future activities.  We will also give members the opportunity to donate to the website operating fund.  I want to reaffirm our commitment to keeping the mnscuba community available to all members and guests for free.  The model we are following is used by countless other successful Internet dive communities including Scubaboard, Deco Stop, and Wetpixel. 

Finally, I would like to thank all the members for their continued support and participation.  A community doesn't happen without you.  Safe diving, --Jason
--Jason

Messages In This Thread
New mnscuba.com corporate structure - by jasondbaker - 06-26-2011, 04:13 PM