Remember me
Lost Password Register

Printer ?
04-03-2003, 09:19 AM,
Printer ?
What printer does everyone use to print their digital pics off, and what should I avoid. My old cannon is dead, and never did so well anyway, so I need to upgrade. Hopefully something that is not going to break the bank.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
04-03-2003, 10:18 AM,
Re:Printer ?
I have a Canon 785EPX that does a good job and will take a smart card directly. HP makes some nice photoprinters as well. One thing about printing digital pics is that I don't think that it is cost effective for the most part unless you are modifying the image. A 20 pack of 4x6 good paper runs 10 buck a pack. Taking the files to Proex and having them printed costs about $5 for 24 and includes doubles. Printing 8x10s is more cost effective.

JoelW
04-03-2003, 12:31 PM,
Joel's right, it's not cost efffective at all to print a LOT on your own printer. The paper is spendy and so are the printer inkjet cartridges. I just burn a CD with my pics and take it someplace for prints.
04-03-2003, 02:03 PM,
I agree with Joel.

If I print out an 8x10 I do it myself on my HP5550 printer. For other stuff I take it to the local Walgreen's and they'll do a roll of about 26 picutres, 4x6, for around $6-$7.
The really nice thing with digital is that I only have them print out the shots that I KNOW that I want. I have saved a ton of money already just on printing costs.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin