Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area
08-05-2003, 11:13 AM,
Re:Lake Conditions - D.L., Perham, Vergas Area
Weekend of Aug. 2nd-4th,
Paul, Six, Seven, & West McDonald
I was to around -30' in both Six and Seven, -47' in Paul, and -41' in W.McD. All lakes have very good vis above -20' and at depth anywhere from 3' in Paul and W.McD (deeper depths) to maybe close to 10' in Seven and slightly less in Six at the -20-25' foot range, with West McDonald and Paul being the better of all. Water temp at all lakes was 75 deg. at surface, my bottom times weren't long enough to get a reading but I can tell you that the minor thermo was at around 21' in all the lakes and the major thermo was at about -30' (minor thermo/major thermo, new Fredisms)
I found a paddle boat off the island of W.McDonald in about -25' of water.. that was cool. Some other stuff too.
I see Tri-State Diving is having a tailgate/get together dive at West McDonald this Thursday at a cabin (Kris Condon's) at 6 p.m... or they're leaving the dive shop at 5:30. I hope to get there... haven't been to tailgate dive yet this year.
Hey, if anyone else has lake info on the DL, Vergas, Dent area please feel free to add to this post o.k.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-13-2003, 09:43 AM,
Weekend of 8/7-8/12 (long weekend!!)
I dove 2 lakes this weekend.. here's what I found.
Lake Six last night Public Access Dive with Northwest Divers/Pink Barracuda. Down to -26'. vis was absolutely great!.. maybe up to 20'! pleasantly surprised. I found 1/2 a minnow bucket on my deepest freedive to -26' only because I was so impressed with the vis I spent some time cruisin'. All the crappie and other fish in the shallows really turned this snorkel trip into a hoot for my wife and I. Reminisent of this spring for clarity.. close. Someone said water temp below the thermo was 53deg., in the 1 1/2 mil suit I knew when I hit it.
W. McDonald down to -32'. Vis was poor below 22'. sometimes less then 5'. Maybe 10' + at shallower depths.

Still haven't been in Little McDonald..maybe this weekend, but right now Lake Six is tough to beat without going to Crosby or Wazee (never been to Wazee yet..)
Fred
08-14-2003, 01:53 PM,
Have you been to Paul Lake recently Fred, how's viz runnin' there?
08-14-2003, 06:41 PM,
I was in Paul Lake the weekend of the 2nd and have a short review under that weekend. Paul Lake should be getting better each day now as it was sorta poor then. Has always been good in the shallower depths but has been poor in the deeper depths. Right now I think Lake Six is really going to be tough to beat. You all ought to come up here for a dive again to see for yourselves. Big Grin
Fred