Remember me
Lost Password Register

Discover rebreathers.
03-09-2005, 02:56 PM,
Discover rebreathers.
This post is directed to anyone from gudc. I really enjoyed the last discover rebreather and would like to attend another before i would feel comfortable enough to choose a particular certification path. Will you be offering another discover rebreather course soon? I would particularly like to get some more pool time on the inspiration and dolphin.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
03-09-2005, 07:49 PM,
Re: Discover rebreathers.
You need to get in touch with Chuck_Northrup he is listed on the Member List.

03-09-2005, 09:15 PM,
As far i know, he no longer works at GUDC.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
03-10-2005, 09:56 AM,
Actually i should withdraw that post. I am not sure whether chuck works for gudc anymore. THanks for the info, i will ask him.
04-10-2005, 08:38 AM,
Chuck still works for GUDC. He's switched to working part time now. I mentioned this topic to him and he said he'll probably have another discover rebeathers within the next couple months.
Cary
04-11-2005, 08:30 AM,
Shamre, I wouldn't want to wait a few months if I was you.  Call GUDC, email Chuck, I'm sure they could arrange something for you.

What did you dive at the discover rebreather class???
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
04-11-2005, 09:34 AM,
I talked to Chuck a couple weeks ago and he was looking at setting one up but did not have a date yet.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-11-2005, 10:01 AM,
I tried out the inspiration and the dolphin and one other that i cannot remember the name of right now. Of all of them i liked the inspiration the best.
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli
04-11-2005, 12:29 PM,
Probably the Azimuth.  If you take the class again, see is you can trade the Azimuth for the KISS.  I'd like to try one out myself... same with the Meg.

Good luck!  ;D
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
04-12-2005, 12:27 PM,
In your opinion, what is the best rebreather for the money and safety? The kiss? Or a different one....
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli