Remember me
Lost Password Register

Whats the ladder from?
08-23-2010, 09:20 PM,
Re: Whats the ladder from?
Hi Doug,

My research on your question about the ladder you found has found most of us dumb founded.  No one in the core group of the GLSPS seems to recall seeing or hearing about an important ladder at that location.  All though allot of speculation has risen among the GLSPS as to what or where it came from.  Did you see any type of markings on it?  Maybe you could shoot a picture of it the next time you dive that area.

It could simply be a ladder off the side of a building that was part of a demolition job in the earlier years.  One could only imagine what happens to all the debris in those days!! 

Perhaps a little more research on the ladder could indicate where it came from.  Please let us know what you find out.

Safe travel and diving,

Phil Kerber
GLSPS President

Safe Diving<br />PJK
11-05-2010, 05:14 AM,
Hey were going to dive gooseberry again on Saturday. If we go by the ladder again we'll get pics but I was wondering about the rudder from the Belle P Cross. How far down the shore do you have to get to it?
Shoot to kill, thats how I roll.
11-05-2010, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 07:39 AM by PJK.)
Sounds like a great dive.  Please take lots of pictures. 

There has been some talk about the GLSPS setting up a big Documentation and site map Project for the Gooseberry Falls Park.  Or, the DNR & NPS.  We are going to have a meeting to talk about projects for the upcoming 2011 season.  I need to put together a project list by February's UMSAT Show, (New Bigger and Better Show) the last Saturday in February.

I will try to remember to send you a reminder if you would like to join us for that meeting sometime in December.

Thank you for the heads up on the artifacts.  I am still not sure about what that ladder is about??

later....
Safe Diving<br />PJK
08-11-2013, 09:58 PM,
RE: Whats the ladder from?
Reviving this old thread. Finally got some video of the ladder. Here it is....

The ladder can be found by swimming about 20 - 25 minutes southwest (away from the river) of the Gooseberry picnic area and staying about 39' deep.