Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving the Mall of America! (MOA)
01-12-2004, 11:15 AM,
Re:Diving the Mall of America! (MOA)
anyone know if drysuits are permissible on the MOA dive(s)?
01-12-2004, 11:33 AM,

I just got off the phone with them...On the dry suit , unfortunately NO!!!! (That might make my salt water dive a little hairy...SIGH...)
She said because of the bulk etc... it makes it a no-no.

Anyway , she can take the 4 of us on the 21st. (The slots are reserved for us). There is one more that snuck in for that date so it would give us 5 total. She has one reserved for the 14th (this Wednesday) and would need at least 2 more divers to make a dive (3 minimum total).

So for the 14th:
1 diver (not from us) is reserved already).
would need 2 more to fill the dive.

For the 21st:
They have 1 diver reserved not from our group and if the 4 previously mentioned people go we will fill out the dive with 5 total.

You can call them at 952-853-0612 to register and make your payment. They take your credit card over the phone etc...Please do so at your earliest convenience!!!

I have to let here know tomorrow about the 14th in the morning...Another option is if someone wants to go on the 14th with MIX , we can do a 2 divers on the 14th and 3 on the 21st. That would work too!!!

Sorry I have been out of town this weekend but I have tried my best to get this done in time. Hopefully we can get it all locked down by tomorrow.

Thanks again...And so long from Philadelphia...
Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-12-2004, 03:07 PM,

I just got off the phone with them...On the dry suit , unfortunately NO!!!! (That might make my salt water dive a little hairy...SIGH...)
She said because of the bulk etc... it makes it a no-no.

Anyway , she can take the 4 of us on the 21st. (The slots are reserved for us). There is one more that snuck in for that date so it would give us 5 total. She has one reserved for the 14th (this Wednesday) and would need at least 2 more divers to make a dive (3 minimum total).

So for the 14th:
1 diver (not from us) is reserved already).
would need 2 more to fill the dive.

For the 21st:
They have 1 diver reserved not from our group and if the 4 previously mentioned people go we will fill out the dive with 5 total.

You can call them at 952-853-0612 to register and make your payment. They take your credit card over the phone etc...Please do so at your earliest convenience!!!

I have to let here know tomorrow about the 14th in the morning...Another option is if someone wants to go on the 14th with MIX , we can do a 2 divers on the 14th and 3 on the 21st. That would work too!!!

Sorry I have been out of town this weekend but I have tried my best to get this done in time. Hopefully we can get it all locked down by tomorrow.

Thanks again...And so long from Philadelphia...
Jean Smile
[/quote]

Looks like I'm a no go for this week as well... I hate this time of year... Just got tagged to work Wednesday night, I guess I have to remind the office that I don't work nights....

Guess I'll just have to break in my new gear in the Bahama's...

you guys have fun and careful not to feed the sharks.
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
01-13-2004, 11:15 AM,

So we have our final line-up. Please call MOA at
952-853-0612 to pay for the diving. If you get the recording , just leave your name and number and they will call you back! I think that is about it....
Remeber: 3 -or- 7mm wet suit...
A (stupid) hood
Flotation device
Breathing device
Mask/fins/snorkel
Camera's are welcome too.
I think gloves are optional...

They supply weights and tanks. Might be wise to bring a weight carrying device (if you don't have integrated weights). I think they have weight belts there for use however. And of course , need it be said , NO COMMANDO DIVING!!! Wink

This time I am going to really try to get one of those nasty sharks teeth. Every other time I have gone all I have ended up with is a bunch of teeth-look-a-like rocks. I feel like Charlie Brown at halloween. :'(

Jean Smile
01-13-2004, 03:11 PM,
Ok, so I forgot to ask, what is the timing for this event? When do I need to be there and when will they kick us out? Wink Are we going out afterward?
TIA,
-Chad
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
01-14-2004, 09:42 AM,
Ok, I'm all signed up and registered. We are supposed to be there by 4:45pm on Wednesday the 21st.
Awww, No commando, eh? And I wanted to try out my birthday suit. Then again, with Calypso liking to grab onto things, that might not be such a great idea. Wink
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
01-14-2004, 10:24 AM,
I just registered this morning. I thought we would go out afterwords for offgassing etc...
We will meet in the main lobby of Underwater World (its down the escalator from the main floor...Same place you buy the tickets etc...)
I will try to be there by 4:30...

Jean Smile
01-16-2004, 08:53 AM,
Has everyone else registered? Is there a registration deadline? Anyone else excited? Smile
01-16-2004, 10:46 AM,

The only one I am not sure that has registered is Chrisw. I let her know it was on for sure! And yes , I think we are *ALL* excited. Its fun , believe me! Invite your friends to stare at you behind the glass tunnels while you make funny faces at them. Who cares about the fish!!! :Smile

Jean Smile

P.S. I think up to 24 hours before hand is the deadline but I am not sure. It should be all done in time. NO WORRIES!
01-17-2004, 12:42 AM,
I have the dive program schedule for Wednesday:

5:00-6:20 PM Deck Tour and Tunnel Tour
6:20-6:35 PM Gear up for Hollow (Fresh Water) dive
6:35-7:10 PM Fresh Water Dive
7:10-7:30 PM Intermission #1
7:30-7:40 PM Cove (Salt Water) dive briefing
7:40-8:25 PM Cove Dive (sharks etc...)
8:25-9:00 PM Wrap-up (gear down , shirts etc...)

They state all times are approximate...

Gear required:
BCD , Reg , Mask , Fins , Wetsuit , Gloves and Hood.

They supply Tanks and weights. Weight belts are there if needed.

Arrive time is 4:45 PM at port of entry.

Jean Smile