Remember me
Lost Password Register

Isle Royale
07-08-2003, 02:50 PM,
Re:Isle Royale
Next picture is a nice shot of INSPIRATION DIVER just coming up after a dive on the Emperor.

Attached Files
.jpg   emperor_a.jpg (Size: 47.62 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg_thumb   emperor_a.jpg_thumb (Size: 34.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-08-2003, 02:53 PM,
This picture is of us about to go down on the Congdon stern.

Attached Files
.jpg   congdon_stern_a.jpg (Size: 54 KB / Downloads: 117)
.jpg_thumb   congdon_stern_a.jpg_thumb (Size: 39.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-08-2003, 02:55 PM,
Here's a shot of the boat moored to the Kamloops as seen from shore.

Attached Files
.jpg   boat_on_kamloops_a.jpg (Size: 36.5 KB / Downloads: 121)
.jpg_thumb   boat_on_kamloops_a.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.99 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-08-2003, 02:59 PM,
Here's a shot that shows the size of the boat DEEP QUEST. It's 25 foot long and fairly roomy for it's size, but there's no way you could get enough open circuit trimix gear on board to do all the dives we did. With CCR's however, no problem. We had space to spare.

Attached Files
.jpg   windigo_a.jpg (Size: 48.95 KB / Downloads: 114)
.jpg_thumb   windigo_a.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.69 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-08-2003, 03:38 PM,
Yo J,

Sweet pics! Thanks for sharing! By the way, how do you get all your 'rope' under that skull cap? Wink

Keep up the great diving.
07-08-2003, 04:30 PM,
LOL! ;D I used to have long hair at one time too but I shaved it all off long before I started diving.
07-08-2003, 06:47 PM,
Say, you guys didn't happen to be out there last year around the first weekend in August did ya? Swear I saw that boat moored over the Congden stern while we were doing the Emperor.

Nice surface pics...looking forward seeing the UW shots. Thanks for sharing.
07-08-2003, 09:38 PM,

Last year I was there July 4th week. Was in Munising, MI in Early August. Must have been a different boat you saw.

JJ
07-09-2003, 09:03 AM,
Couple questions for inspdiver and johnj on your Isle Royale trip:

What did you guys carry for bailout?

How did you calculate dive profiles (I noticed ID with a vyper as replacement for dil. gauge as well as wrist mounted computers). Did you use software and create tables, or go off computers. If computers, did you use constant PO2 or estimate based on max depth?

07-09-2003, 09:25 AM,
On this trip I was carrying two steel 45's and John was carrying two Al. 40's. One is filled with trimix bailout gas and the other can be filled with a deco gas or nitrox.

As for the profiles, I replaced the dil. pressure gauge with my Cobra I had from OC diving. I just put it in gauge mode and it functions as a redundant depth gauge/bottom timer. I also wear a redundant DG/BT on my wristslate. We are both diving constant PO2 trimix computers. John has the VR3 and I have been diving the HS Explorer. This is our primary means of calculating profiles. I always run redundant tables for our approximate dive plan on V-planner or the dive planning software included with my Explorer. Both of these programs will use constant PO2 as well. I write these tables down on my wrist slate in case my Explorer should fail.