Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dolphin Rebreather action.
09-03-2003, 12:08 PM,
Re:Dolphin Rebreather action.
Don't have my dive log handy so this is by memory:

Dove 8/30/03 with 27 c.f. cylinder (EAN 50), starting psi 3,000 ending psi +/- 1,000.

Dove 8/31/03 with 66 c.f. cylinder (EAN 40), starting psi 3,000 ending psi +/- 1,400. Had a very bad mask seal, used lots of air clearing it.

So about 50 c.f. of gas. Hope the math works out, it's been a long day . . .
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-03-2003, 12:34 PM,
117 feet on EAN 40? ???
09-03-2003, 12:50 PM,
Since the inspired oxygen is always something less than the source gas, you can exceed the MOD of the source gas (though Draeger and TDI don't recommend it) if you monitor your PO2 (which I know Mark does).
09-03-2003, 12:52 PM,
Thanks, I never thought of that little detail. Wink
09-03-2003, 01:15 PM,
I do calculate my fi02 prior to the dive. Also, my computer not only tracks my PO2, it also continually reads my fi02.

I also carry 13 c.f. EAN 32 for bailout gas and EAN 32 in a 30 c.f. sling cylinder should the orifice fail and delivers straight source gas.

Or I could just turn off the source gas for awhile and breath the loop down . . . :o

'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-04-2003, 09:16 PM,
Which computer are you using to monitor your FIO2? just curious. When I dove the Dolphin, I used the UWATEC OXY2 with the AIRXO2. Liked it a lot.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
09-05-2003, 11:54 AM,
Delta P - VR3 w/ wet link (O2 cell). Seems to work well for me.

Before I started diving a Dolphin, I used UWATEC Aladin Air X w/ transmitter - really liked it as well. I was worried that the wet link cord be troublesome but it hasn't.

Where can I find an UWATEC OXY2 with the AIRX02? Searched the web a bit but most sites were in german.
09-05-2003, 03:30 PM,
I have a used AIRX O2 for sale (just the wrist computer) but already sold the OXY 2. I don't know exactly where to find one anymore. Have you checked with Fantasea Scuba in Burnsville? That's where I got mine. Otherwise, I don't know off hand. I could do some more checking if you'd like.

__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
09-15-2003, 10:00 AM,
Sorry for the delayed response - right now I'm not in the market, I just had my little brother certified and I'm eye-ballin' a cannister light. I'll keep you in mind though. Thanks Smile
09-25-2003, 02:50 PM,
Well, haven't been able to dive as much as I'd like the past month, but I've put in two dives in Crosby (9/13-14th) and one in Lk. Mtka. (9/23).

There were two other Dolphin divers at Crosby, dove with both (Chuck & Joann).

Plan to dive Lk. Mtka. a few more time this year after work - have access to small boat. Is anyone interested in diving the Lk. Mtka wrecks? If not this year, next year . . . the best time to dive is early spring or late fall - boat traffic isn't as crazy as summer time.

Off to Wazee tomorrow through Sunday - cannot wait!