Remember me
Lost Password Register

Please stop trashing Lake Wazee
12-18-2003, 02:42 PM,
Re:Please stop trashing Lake Wazee
I enjoy it too.

I just think it's rather hypocritical to leave it there. Everything at the shallow depths is removed, but yet the gazing ball, the statue, hoffa, the dive flag, the little aquarium decoration...all those stay.

What gives anyone the right to decide what stays and what doesn't??? If you are going to take out the little cherubs at 30 feet, live up to what you are saying and get rid of it all. Otherwise you have absolutely no ground to stand on and it's time to be quiet. Just because it's deep doesn't mean it has any more right to stay than the stuff that's shallow.

I'm not advocating getting rid of everything. I'm just trying to point out what seems to be a rather arbitrary system for removing contents of the lake.
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
12-18-2003, 09:20 PM,
Instead of whinning why don't you all get together and put your resources to use and do something substancial like other areas in the country. Get the permits, clean it and put something down that will be a good draw like Dutch Springs, Terra Bonne Mine and others have done. Some of you sound like little kids playing in a sand box, but watch out for the cat shit that might be there.
12-19-2003, 08:25 AM,
Actually, that was tried by someone in the area already. I believe that he even managed to get the county approval but was stopped at the state level...or something. I know that he had everything lined up but was eventually unable to do it due to some legalities.
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.